Chapter Three

Kyla's POV:

'I am such an idiot!' I screamed in my head as I skidded down a hallway, hoping that one of the staff members weren't around. Thankfully for me, they weren't but at the same time that might be my problem. See - to put this as simple as I can - I'm lost. 

I sighed and leaned up against the wall, taking another glance at the map they offered us. This thing was more confusing than anything I've ever tried to comprehend. Glancing from left to right at the end of this corridor, I took a leap of faith and went left.

My anxiety eased slightly when I finally arrived to my first class. The teacher - Ms. Moon - wasn't really pleased with me, offering me the glare from the gods of wraith or something. I felt smaller than a five year old.

 "Why are you late?" She asked in annoyance which caused the entire class to look at me. She had her arms behind her back as she sized me up. I swallowed the lump in my throat while taking a chance glance up towards the much taller woman.

"I'm sorry, I guess I was lost for a while. It's rather-" I didn't even get a chance to defend myself. I heard a loud smack slam against her desk, making my flinch. Cracking an eye open, I could see she was tapping a presentation stick against her desk with a twitch on her face.

"I will not tolerate excuses. If you're late one more time, then you're out of my class, is that understood?" She more instructed than asked. I nodded quickly before grabbing the free seat that was in the back. I sighed as I placed my binder on the desktop. I have a strong feeling that I'm just going to hate it here.

---

The rest of my day wasn't all that better.

Joey was bugging me in my one class with her - art history - and of course I got some shit from my good old roommate; Yay. But as my last class was coming around the corner, I couldn't be any happier.

I walked down the hall with my violin case in hand. My last class was advance music; I'll not just be learning about my own instrument, but piano, guitar, sax, and much more. I was highly excited when I heard about it from a couple of girls in my previous class. My guess was that they were going to be in there as well. But, what mainly caught my attention was the fact that they were talking about Piper which probably wasn't out of the norm here but I guess it was the topic that had me amused.

"Can you believe she's come back?" One of the girls in front of me said as I pulled out my notebook.

"I know right? This is unbelievable! I haven't seen Alexandra since she did a concert here the day before she left for Julliard! I still can't believe she's related to that bitch Piper though." My head perked up at that last comment.

"They do kinda look alike. Besides, her sister is probably just jealous because she hasn't been a musical prodigy like Alex. I'm still shocked that Alexandra is planning on teaching her Advance class all the instruments though! That's going to be intense."

"Ya think? I'm still shocked that she even knows how to play them all! But that's what happens when you go to Julliard at the age of fifteen huh? And let's not forget all the first chairs she's played as well."

"Yeah well I'm even more shocked that she was the one that even asked to teach here!" The two of them giggled as the teacher hushed everyone.

I was nervous to meet this so called musical prodigy. No way would Julliard seriously take on such a young student? Could someone so amazing seriously be related to that bitch of a roommate of mine anyway? I sighed as I thought about Piper. Thinking about her just instantly ruined my mood.