Chapter 8

It was the first Monday of schooling in Hogwarts. Classes of the new school year started in chaos. Hermione Granger couldn’t help thinking if it was going to get any worse. Just like every morning she wakes up, she showers, get changed and visit the library before breakfast. The Great hall was filled with laugher and a couple of arguments that was coming from the slytherin table.

“Blaise! I cannot believe you dared me! You know I hate doing stuff like that?”

“Oh, Zayn, no matter how much of a boy you are, I had to say it! You spend too much time in the bathroom doing your hair!” he exclaimed.  

“No I don’t!” he defended.

“Wanna bet? It’s like you’re a ....girl sometimes” Blaise snickered as Zayn unconsciously touched the top of his head.

“Zayn, baby, don’t listen to that Italian idiot, he has no brains, oh I must say you look gorgeous this morning” purred Pansy getting a bit too close for Zayn’s liking.

“Err...Thanks?” he half asked unsure moving further away from her psychotics.

Blaise eyes lit up seeing Samantha entering the great hall. Zayn notices this.

“Oh, my man got his eyes peeled has he?” Zayn looked from Samantha who sat next to Niall, to Blaise who looked like he would fall out of his seat any second. “You’re drooling,” he sang.

Blaise quickly sat up straight and wiped his mouth, “Liar.” Zayn winked at him and turned back to his food.

“Wow, such an amazing voice!” Pansy squealed, Zayn rolled his eyes and everyone just chose to ignore her, knowing what she was like.

As they all continued to eat, professor McGonagall stood at the podium and raised her wand. “SONOROUS!” she exclaimed and the hall quietened down upon hearing her load voice. “Thank you, now first I would like to say that I hope you’re all settling into the New Year well, especially our new students. I would also like to inform you that the welcoming ball for the 8th year and those that are the guests of the 8th year will be held on Friday of this week, so your preparations may start today. You may visit Hogsmeade today to do any last minute preparation. You will be excused from all classes after 3pm today, but you must catch up with the work you missed in your spare time. Oh, and is Miss Granger here this morning?” she asks.

Everyone in the whole turned and looked at Hermione, thinking on why is Professor McGonagall wants her. Hermione raised her hands into the air timidly from the Gryffindor table.

“Right here, Professor”

“Miss Granger, if you could please come up to the front and announce the deputy head boy.” She requested.

Hermione stood up from her table; she shot a glance at Harry and Ron who were looking at her with expectations and she nodded her head before walking up to the podium. Hermione lifted a strand of her that was falling in front of her eyes and tucked it behind her ears and cleared her throat.

“Good morning Hogwarts, I have chosen that the best candidate that would be the temporary head boy is Niall Horon from Hufflepuff.”

She looked up to see, everyone with the exception of the slytherin table cheering and clapping for Niall. Zayn stood up from the slytherin table and clapped his hands.

“You go Nialler!” he cheered. Niall looked up at Zayn and gave him a thumb up, and Zayn returned it with a wink.

At this Headmistress McGonagall looked proud. It seems like they were very close to getting house unity. Only she could hope for the best as late headmaster Dumbledore has his utmost belief in house unity at Hogwarts.