Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The Hogwarts express soon arrived in Hogsmeade and all first years were escorted by Professor Flitwick to the boats and across the black lake. “Wonder where Hagrid is,” Harry said with a thoughtful look on his face.

“Probably doing something McGonagall told him to do,” Ron claimed as he, Harry Ginny, Luna and Neville sat in a threstal carriage together and waved to Hermione as she had to stay to do her Head duties. “I’ll see you later” she called to her friends as the carriages off.

The students piled into the great hall and wondered why they saw two extra rows of tables. One was decorated in Irish colours. Harry and Ron being big quidditch fans screamed out ‘THE CHUDLEY CANNONS’. Hermione rolled her eyes and Ginny laughed.

“Get over it boys, it’s defiantly not your famous quidditch team!” Hermione said with a bored to tears expression on her face.

“You know who is coming to stay here then?” Ginny asked curiously. The three listened closely.

“No Gin, I don’t know but as a head girl I do know some…” Hermione then tapped her nose as if saying ‘don’t-be-nosey’. She didn’t really know she was just in the mood of teasing them.

The students at Hogwarts climbed into their respective seats at their tables and waited for who will be joining them this year. There at the front of the hall sat the professors of Hogwarts and in front of them were two stools which had the sorting hat placed on top of the one on the left. Professor Flitwick stood on the one on the right and many sniggered as he almost lost his balance and nearly fell off.

“Can’t he just come up with a growing charm or something, he is the charms professor after all,” sniggered Ron and many who heard laughed with him. They all turned their heads back to the front.

“Right, now I want you all to line up and come forth when I call your name out. After you will be seated and the sorting hat placed on you and it will decide which house you will be in,” He explained to the new students who looked almost as if they were about to make a mad dash out the hall and back across the lake to the train in Hogsmeade.

“OK, umm… Sebastian Grey…” he started.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The sorting went very successfully, all the students were very well-behaved with each other, surprisingly even the Slytherin’s attempted to applaud when a new ‘groupie’ was placed into a different house. Standing on the podium where once the great Professor Dumbledore stood, was Hogwarts new headmistress Professor McGonagall, she raised her wand and recited a silent spell which had such an effect that made everyone in the hall quieten down and turn towards her giving her their full attention.

“Good evening and welcome back students of Hogwarts. I am very glad that you have all returned today to study further and complete your studies.” She suddenly looked sad and didn’t speak for a moment. “As you all know we no longer have to be afraid, we no longer have to worry about any crazy lunatic trying to take over our world. The war tortured and killed many of our loved ones including our own much loved one Albus Dumbledore,” she sniffed along with many others around the school. She stood up straight. “But we will not let previous matters take over the new life that has begun today. We will carry on with life as normal as it can be done and also get rid of these pathetic house rivalries that you student have taken up,” she put a smile on her face and clapped her hands. “For this reason the professors and I have decided that we will be holding an event that we have named Triwizard Olympics.” A small murmur started amongst the students. “Hush! We will not have any discussions on this matter. You will receive more information about this upcoming event later this month. Now as you may all have realised we have some new students attending our school this year and they will be joining the students completing their final year also. So without further ado I would like to introduce Harry Style, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan and finally Samantha Blake. Please come forth so we can place the sorting hat on your heads and see what houses you will be in for the rest of the year.” She exclaimed pointing her hand to the doors to the entrance of the hall. The girls erupted into cheers and applauses as the 6 of them walked calmly to the front.

There were five boys and one girl. All five boys had an unbreakable bond that united them with each other. The curly haired boy that was in the middle wore a huge smirk on his face.

Harry Styles was his name, he was 18, and he has a chocolaty brown curly hair swept to the side. His cheeky grin brought out his dimples that made girls swoon whenever he flashed that charm towards them. He was 6ft tall and was built, knowingly by playing quidditch. He was the main leader of his group. Harry was known for his famous nickname, Hazza. Hazza was always on the witch weekly magazine due to the boys singing fame. He was a flirty boy that never seems to settle down. He lived in Ireland since he was 5 years old, and met the other four boys and the girl. Since then their friendship grew stronger as months and years went by.

Next to him on his right stood Louis Tomlinson, 18, he has light brown hair swept messily to the side. He was known for his bromance with Harry Styles. The two are inseparable. His charm, humorous and sarcasm got girls dreaming about having him as their husbands. He was part of the band and has a sharp husky voice which many boys would die to have, as his voice is what a women loves to hear.

On the opposite side to harry stood Liam Payne, 17, famously known as the ‘daddy’ of the band. He was gentle and shy, but his calmness and intelligence is what made him unique. He has similar hair to Louis but a less curly than Harry’s. He was the voice of the band, he was the one that got the band together and made their dreams turn into reality.

Next to Liam stood Zayn Malik, 18, he was the odd looking in the group. He was quiet and kept to himself most of the time; many had mistaken him to being shy. He has black hair that was put up in a quiff and he looks foreign as he has Asian features. His light brown eyes shows emotions that are more powerful that many realise he was. He was known as the ‘echo man’ in the band.

Next to Louis stood a blonde, a bright blue eyed boy known as Niall Horan. He was 17 turning 18 in a few weeks. He was famously known though his pureblood family in Ireland. He was orphaned and adopted by his Step-mum and dad, who were half blood. His cute looks got girls sending marriage proposals to him. He was shy and really gullible. Once thing that many notice is that he eats a lot! And never got fat as quidditch was what kept him in shape, and behind them stood Samantha.

“Do they not realise I’m not famous, I mean not that I don’t LOVE the attention seeing as I never get it. Hint, hint,” she said stalking slightly behind as they walked to the front.

Samantha Blake, 17, the youngest of the group had jet black hair that shone in the dimly lit candles, green eyes that would put cat’s eyes to shame and sun-kissed skin. Some would say that she may be a little under dressed for a girl as she wore no makeup with her hair tied up and a jacket which was clearly too big for her and tight jeans with shoes that only seemed for boys. But that was just her she didn’t care, she was a tom-boy after all. She wasn’t interested about silly petty things that most girls cared about, she was just what she wanted to be, herself. She also hated it when people called her Samantha that’s why the boys always stick to Sam, except for Louis who would do anything to annoy her.  

“No that’s not it Sammy darling they just don’t realise you’re here with us,” laughed Louis as he stepped behind to join her.

“Don’t call me that and at least let me have something,” she seethed undoubtedly irritated by him. “Why do you always have to call me that? Can you not just say Sam? It’s really easy ya know.”

He slung his arm around her, she quickly shrugged it off. “How many times have we had this argument and how many times have I won?” he said being a bit too proud. Sam was about to throw a remark back at him but was cut off by professor McGonagall. “I’ll deal with you later,” she whispered harshly and turned her attention back to her new head.

Here is chapter 5! i had to split it into two chapters as it was so long!!

Please Review and Vote