13 « Electricity »

Back in San Francisco Sonic was getting up from the ground. He turned his head as he heard the familiar sounds of Robotnik's craft and saw it floating around the corner. The windshield opened again to reveal Robotnik's evil grin as he said, "Can I give you one genius piece of advice? Don't run. It'll only hurt more if you do." His smirk turned into an even bigger one as he added, "And it's bad for your joints. They've proved it."

Sonic glared at the doctor. Never in his life had he met anything that evil. But then again, he hadn't met that many people. "All right, Eggman. You wanna get fast? Let's get fast," he said to him and then ran around picking up each of his rings while putting them back to the pouch. Once he was finished, he took off running alongside the street.

Robotnik placed his goggles back on and closed the cockpit saying, "The hard way it is." The craft began following Sonic's trail with immense speed. Sonic ran through the traffic trying to lose Robotnik from his trail, but the craft quickly caught up to him and began to try and shoot the hedgehog.

Sonic glanced at the craft and shouted, "Don't you care about these innocent bystanders!"—but Robotnik didn't seem to either hear him or care about them and continued on shooting towards them. Sonic looked around him and noticed an empty street that only had a couple cars parked on the side and turned towards it. Even if Robotnik didn't care about the possible casualties, he did, and he wanted to make sure no one else would have to get hurt because of him.

The street soon came to an end and Sonic was once again running in the middle of the traffic. Robotnik seemed to have calmed down with his shooting, but the fact that people who had nothing to do with all this were still in possible danger worried Sonic. He took notice of another rather empty street and turned towards it while jumping over a parked car which exploded just as he landed.

As he continued running forwards he was once again on a street filled with moving cars. He ran to the side and alongside the wall of a building before jumping off to the other side as Robotnik once again shot at him. Once he was back on the ground, he glanced behind him to see the craft still as far away from him as it had been before. As he turned back, he noticed a bus in front of him showing a picture of the Eiffel Tower and the words "Visit France" alongside it.

"How is this possible?" he questioned, "No one's ever caught up to me before." He reached for his pouch and took out a ring which he threw. The portal opened up to show a view of Paris and Sonic quickly ran through it. He glanced behind him hoping he had lost the doctor, but his face fell as he saw the craft flying through the portal. "How?" he questioned as he took a sharp turn and ran through a narrow alleyway hoping that Robotnik wouldn't notice him. "Where to next?" he asked out loud as he took another ring and threw it while exiting the alley. As he ran through the new portal, he found himself running on top of the Great Wall of China.

"Here we go. Room to open it up," he said and quickened his pace, but the craft was still right behind him. It didn't take long for him to realize that this wouldn't work, and he needed to find a new strategy. "I can't lose him!" he took yet another ring and opened a portal in Egypt. The craft followed through and continued shooting at the hedgehog. The further he ran he realized there was no outrunning him, so he halted. As he slid across the sand, he realized what he could do instead, "If you can't beat 'em, blind 'em."

The craft had flown over him and was about to turn back but Sonic ran over to it confusing Robotnik. He began to run in the sand surrounding the ship causing a small sandstorm. Once he felt confident that Robotnik couldn't see him he took off and began running towards the top of the Pyramid of Giza. He didn't get to run too far when Robotnik flew out of the storm and straight after him. As the craft began to charge its weapon, Sonic threw a ring opening yet another portal. Right when he was about to run through it, Robotnik fired the weapon sending a beam right behind Sonic.

Levitating - A Sonic x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara