3 « Miss Camericana & The Cobalt Prince »

The following morning Maddie had left with Ozzy to San Francisco leaving Tom and Y/N to Green Hills. As usual, Tom was at the speed trap waiting for cars to pass by while Y/N was in school waiting for the day to finally come to an end. Like on most days, she wasn't really paying attention to the class. Her thoughts had ranged from the blue blurs to the fact that they would be moving to San Francisco and everything that it would bring with it.

To her, the idea of moving seemed exciting. San Francisco would be a big city filled with all sorts of new people. That meant that there would be at least someone like her, or possibly even more. Also helping to sell the idea of moving to such a big city was the fact that everything there would be new to her. In Green Hills, Y/N had pretty much photographed every inch from every single angle, or that's at least how it felt to her. A new, much bigger city would allow her to take completely new pictures. To add onto those was Oakland, the city where her best friend had moved to some years ago. If everything would go well the two would once again be able to hang out and be friends like before.

Then there were all the not-so-nice thoughts about the new city. A new place would mean a new school, and because the city is bigger, the schools are bigger. That thought was horrifying. Despite deeply wanting to meet new people, Y/N always felt so intimidated in those scenarios.

Thankfully the plans she had for today were simple. After school she would go over to Route 9 to check out if there were any new markings, then she would go home and pack some of her stuff. Once she was done with that, she would go take pictures of the youth baseball playoffs which was actually something Tom had suggested. For quite some time Y/N had been complaining about not getting enough practice of shooting moving targets. Luckily for her, Tom was friends with one of the baseball coaches and suggested for her to go and take pictures of the event.

To Y/N it felt like forever had passed when the bell finally rang. After gathering her stuff, she left the building ready to get home. As she was nearing her bike which she had parked near the entrance of the small community school she heard her name being called out from the doors. Immediately as she heard the voice, she recognized it. Turning around she came to see three girls, Kate, Leah and Olivia, making their way to her. Those three were the ones that she would usually hang around in school with. The ones she could technically call friends. Every day at lunch she would sit with the three and whenever there was a group project or something to do in pairs, she would end up doing the project with one of them.

"Hey," Leah said as they neared her.

"Hi, what's going on?" Y/N asked them still a bit surprised that they wanted to talk after school.

Kate was the first to speak and said, "We were just wondering... Um... Do you wanna come over tomorrow?"

"We're having a sleepover," Olivia added.

"Uh..." Y/N said surprised. That wasn't really what she was expecting. The four never hung out after school, well the three of them did but Y/N didn't. She was surprised that they were even asking. "I mean, why not," she answered, and the girls sighed in relief. Confused as to why she furrowed her eyebrows, "Why are you so relieved?"

"It's just, we thought you'd decline," Leah said confusing her even more.

"We thought you didn't wanna be with us," Olivia went on to explain as Leah and Kate nodded.

Y/N eyed the trio confused. Squinting her eyes, she asked, "Why?"

"Because you never do!" the three said at the same time.

"Unless we're at school," Leah added.

Well, ain't that the truth... "I mean that does make sense," Y/N said back and shyly smiled. "So tomorrow?"