12 « Meet You There »

The drive from Rachel's house to the Transamerica building was everything but smooth. The car swayed from side to side the whole time and it would be a miracle if there was even a second that Sonic managed to drive according to the law.

"Is there anything you didn't hit?" Tom asked as he got out from the car.

"Why did we let the alien drive?" Maddie questioned.

"Ask dad," Y/N said glancing at him as Maddie turned to Tom confused.

"Hey, I got us here. And please, five stars," Sonic said and ran to the Wachowskis who were looking at the Transamerica building. "So, this is it?"

"That's it. That's your pyramid," Tom confirmed motioning towards the pyramid shaped skyscraper.

"Wow, look at that thing!" Sonic said in wonder.

"What happens now?" Maddie asked but at the same second Sonic sped off towards the building. "Oh. He's... gone."

"Better get used to it," Y/N said.

"Yup," Tom said but just then Sonic appeared back where he had just been, and the Wachowskis turned to him surprised.

"No good. You need a special key to get to the roof," he told them. They all turned back to the building wondering how to get to the roof.

"What now?" Maddie asked.

"Time for me to abuse the power entrusted to me," Tom said proudly. Maddie turned to him confused as Y/N and Sonic turned to each other shrugging.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sonic asked as Tom glanced at him before walking over to the car.

He and grabbed his bag from the backseat and opened it before turning to Sonic, "Get in."

"What?" he asked confused.

"In the bag," Tom said.

"No, no, no, no, no," Sonic protested shaking his head. "Why?"

Tom sighed, "If you wanna get to that rooftop, you gotta get inside this bag."

Sonic looked at him and then turned to Y/N with a questioning look. She shrugged saying, "I think you better go in the bag."

He groaned, "Fine!"

He climbed inside it and Tom pulled the zipper almost closed saying, "Close it when we get inside. We don't want anyone seeing you there."

"Got it," Sonic said, and the group began walking towards the building.

While they were walking Y/N took out a folded paper and slipped it into Tom's pocket. That should take care of that.

"Maddie and I are gonna go to the front desk and ask for the key by telling them that there's a jumper. You go and get us an elevator, so we don't have to wait too long in the lobby. Got it?" Tom explained to Y/N as they neared the building.

"I got it, yeah," Y/N answered nodding. "But it sure sounds like a bad plan."

"Well come up with something better," Tom said back.

"If I had time I surely could come up with a better plan, but we don't really have time, do we?"

"Exactly," Tom replied.

As they entered the lobby Maddie and Tom glanced at each other and then took running steps towards the front desk while Y/N walked over to the elevators.

Tom and Maddie reached the front desk as Tom pulled out his badge saying, "We got a jumper on the roof. Gotta get up there fast or we're gonna have a human pancake on our hands."