11 « Awake »

People in San Francisco watched confused as a pickup truck with no roof drove down the streets. Tom and Y/N hadn't stopped a single time after the explosion and were determined in their mission to see Maddie. During their journey Sonic had not shown a single movement was still lying completely still on the backseat.

The car finally came to a stop as they reached Rachel's house. They quickly got out of the car and Tom picked up Sonic from the back wrapping him in a blanket to hide Sonic from view just so it would be easier to explain. Y/N ran up to the door and began impatiently knocking it as Tom reached her. It didn't take long for the door to open to reveal Rachel whose eyes immediately widened.

"Is Maddie here?" Tom tried to ask.

"No, no. Not today. Goodbye," Rachel said and begun to close the door.

"It's an emergency!" Tom shouted.

"Rachel, listen!" Y/N chimed in.

"You can come in but he, bye-bye!" Rachel continued trying to close the door, but Y/N and Tom kept it open.

"Rachel, stop!" Tom shouted just as Maddie entered the hallway, "Maddie!"

"Would you listen to us!" Y/N said to Rachel as Maddie ran up to them and tried to pull Rachel away from the door.

"Don't do this. This is important," Tom shouted.

"Oh, my God! Rachel, let them in!" Maddie said to her sister and managed to pull her away from the door. Y/N and Tom quickly walked in closing the door behind them as Rachel and Maddie moved further in the hallway.

"I am calling the police," Rachel said pointing at Tom, "No, I am calling the FBI. I am calling the CIA."

"Stop," Tom said to her calmly.

"I am calling someone," Rachel continued as Y/N sighed with a bored look on her face.

"Don't do that," Tom said tiredly.

"I am calling your mother!" Rachel said pointing at Tom.

"Okay, got it," Maddie said to her sister before turning to her husband with a questioning but at the same time worried look.

Tom looked at her, "Maddie, can we just talk?"

"Tom, what's going on? You're all over the news. I've been trying to call you," Maddie said to him worriedly and turned to Y/N adding, "Both of you."

"I had to ditch my phone so they couldn't track me," Tom explained and motioned towards Y/N, "Same with her."

"Ditch his phone?" Rachel asked turning to Maddie.

"Track you?" Maddie questioned.

"Just listen because this is kinda urgent," Y/N said to Maddie who looked at her confused as footsteps could be heard coming from the living room.

Jojo, Rachel's daughter, ran into the room and excitedly shouted, "Uncle Tommy! Cousin Y/N!"

"Jojo! Hey!" Tom said as Jojo ran over to him giving him a hug.

"Hi Jojo!" Y/N said to her about to hug her as well, but Rachel pulled her away before she could do it.

"Now your niece is an accessory to treason," she said pointing at Tom, "Are you happy?"

"No, she's not," Tom said back turning to Maddie.

"Please stop," Y/N added glancing her mother.

"Would you calm down?" Maddie said sternly to Rachel.

"Calm down?" Rachel questioned, "I will not calm down!"

"Enough," Maddie said as Ozzy ran into the room wagging his tail.