What Hurts The Most

(((((<<<<<Nikki's P.O.V.>>>>>)))))

I watched as the leaves blew in the wind and slowly made their way to the stream next to me, the wind blew them in a long swirling pattern that was so beautiful that it was the most beautiful thing that I had ever saw- except for one thing....

Mathew Joesph Rainsford

He was the only thing- the only person that I saw when I closed my eyes, he was the only thing that I saw when I dreamed, hell he was the only thing that I thought about! But I just HAD to screw everything up! Everything around me is dead inside- wheather its because of me or what i do is always why I run away from foster homes that have never worked for me and for Derek. The only good thing about this town is Jake, Emma, Anna, and Alex- and that Derek and I love them.

"You're over thinking sweetheart," a soft voice said behind me.

I almost jumped out of my skin when i saw who it was.....

"Mom?" I said totally and utterly confused, even a little frightened. " Am I in heaven or hell?" I asked trying figure out what has just happened... My mom is dead- it's only logical to think that i am as well if I can see her now....

"He's missing you, and I know that you miss him too sweetheart." My mother says in a warm voice that I missed so much...

"What do you mean?" I asked still confused as hell.

"You are not in heaven nor in hell- you are in the inbetween," she says gusturing to the now dead leaves flowing in the stream that had just a moment ago been clear was now blood rea and darkening.

"What the hell is that?!" I asked jumping slightly in my own skin.

"The inbetween is where you can choose to see the beauty in what is or isnt, you can choose to go back into your own world or you could choose the path that you wish to go." My mother says in a serious voice. "Make your desicion my child."

"I-"