CHAPTER SIX

Ummm, idek. this is more a filler chapter, nothing really happens but I should warn anyone who's sensitive that there is some mild very tame very pathetic smut in here. but yeah dw the clothes stay on ahah dont hate me. Because this one is so short and boring, the next update will probably be a lot quicker, so yeah thats a good thing right?

also once again poorly edited, plenty of mistakes and im pretty sure i change from past to presence tense more than usual but yeah, here you go! (if anyone wants to like, message me and let me know about all the shitty mistakes ive made please do so)

----------

It’s around three o'clock in the morning when I finally make my decision. I get up from beside a sleeping Daryl and start collecting my things.

The van is still moving along at a steady pace, Glenn driving, as the green countryside passes us by.

I have no idea how I’m going to leave unnoticed, but even if they do, they can’t stop me.

Carol's death did more than just make me numb with a sadness I knew well, it made me realize how precious every moment is and how at any given moment, especially in this world, life can just slip away. It was a wakeup call.

I could almost slap myself for getting so distracted, for letting somebody else take up the importance in my life. I only have room to worry about myself, and my family.

I remember being so scared, after that walker had attacked me in the van on the first night, for Daryl's life when I walked inside. I remember my first instinct in the woods earlier, was to protect Carol. Hell I'd risked my life in perhaps the most reckless thing I’d ever done when I rescued the group at the supermarket.

Well no.

No more ties to people who don’t matter. No more guilty self-conscience and no more stupid feeling for Daryl.

I had to leave, that was my only option.

I grabbed my jacket, double-checking I had all my knives, got my axe off the table and my gun from where it was wedged into the mattress where I’d been sleeping.

Seeing Daryl's crossbow lying so carelessly next him gave me the sudden urge to take it, like Id wanted to do ever since I’d seen it. But I resisted the urge and set off to the front of the van.

Glen heard me coming up and slowed down a bit so he could turn his body to look at me.

"What’s up Kara?" he asked tiredly. Poor guy had been driving nonstop ever since the house was attacked, he really needed to sleep.

"I uh...need to pee. Could you pull over for a few minutes?"

"Pee? But we have a toilet in the back...?" I could see the confusion on his face and mentally cursed myself for not havin thought of a foolproof way off this thing without questions.

"Well I don’t wanna flush and wake everyone up y'know?"

"Why have you got all your stuff with you?" he asked changing the subject.

"Oh uh well I-"

"Kara what’s going on? Where are you going?" well so much for whispering.

"Nowhere just, Shh, just pull over and let me off."

"No way, what aren’t you telling me? Where are you going?"

"Look Glen can you keep it down? Just pull over quietly and let me off!" I hissed.

"Let you off where? What’s going on?" Oh great now Rick's awake.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Apparently, it was completely beyond Rick to keep his voice down too.