CHAPTER SEVEN

here we are, chapter seven! sorry for making you guys wait so long, really I am. In case you're wondering, yes this is still on hold, but because I'm just a super amazing person I decided to update anyway!

I'm thinking this fic is only going to be ten chapters long, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

two quick things before you start!

1: I posted a new story... yesterday (I think?) called the secret lives of six, so please check it out and send me some feedback.

2: I know I've never described what Karolina looks like before so sorry if that's been frustrating or whatever, but if anyone has any ideas of actors/singers/whatever or any photos of girls you think best describe her, then please send them to me and I'll post my favourite with the next chapter.

happy reading! :)

----------

So I find myself exactly where I swore I would never return: Back on the van.

The countryside whips past us as we continue along the abandoned highway, occasionally stopping to move cars.

My mind is a muddled storm of thoughts and memories. Everything keeps replaying over and over again. Saving them at the supermarket, meeting everybody, board games with Carl, losing Carol, kissing Daryl. I feel a migraine coming on.

It’s completely silent in the cabin and I feel Carl’s gaze burning into the side of my face. He’s been watching me like a hawk ever since I got back on and I think it’ll be a while before he lets me out of his sight.

Daryl is a whole other story. After getting back last night, he went straight to the gun bag and began cleaning them all out like he had OCD. We haven’t had a chance to talk yet, but I find it’s a conversation I’d rather put off until I’ve sorted out my jumbled up emotions.

Carl, who apparently has decided to forgive me and talk to me, again, draws me out of my deep concentration.

“Kara, what are those things up your neck?” he asks innocently.

Things up my neck? What the hell?

Oh wait, he can’t mean....

Shit.

I pull my jacket up and try to cover the litter of love bites I’m sure are glowing and fresh.

“Uhh it’s nothing buddy, just a rash.” Smooth Kara, smooth.

Andrea barks a laugh at that.

“A rash huh?” she asks grinning evilly.

“Yes.” I respond shortly

“You know It’s funny, If I didn’t know any better, I might think those where hickeys.” Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

“Oh really? Cool.”  One more thing Andrea and this axe will be lodged deep into your skull.

“Yeah I’d have to agree with Andrea on that one, those definitely look like hickeys.” Glenn chips in.

“Well it’s not, just a rash. I get real bad eczema around this time of year.” I inform them.

Maggie undoes the top button of her shirt showing a small fading love bite near her collarbones.

“See, now here’s a hickey. They do seem to match up don’t they?” she asks.

Andrea and Glenn both hum in agreement and I hope none of them cherish their limbs too dearly because they’re about to be without.

It’s then that I notice Rick giving Daryl a very intense look. The two seem to be having a no-words-exchanged conversation of the eyes.