CHAPTER EIGHT: PART A

hey guys so this is the first part of chapter eight. its really short and really crap and for that im sorry but I wrote it on a whim because I wasnt sure when I'd get another chance. Please dont hate me.

now Im like 99.9% sure that noone reads these little messages but Im going to put it here anyway. 

FRIENDLY REMINDER, DEMANDING THAT I UPDATE WHEN I'VE ALREADY MADE IT CLEAR THAT IM ON HIATUS IS RUDE AND GETTING KIND OF ANNOYING. yes I love that you read my story and I appreciate that you want more, but leaving comments like: "omg hurry up and update" wont make me update, it just pisses me off.

ALSO, just making it clear again, even though I've mentioned it countless times already, this story does NOT follow the show. I just took my favourite characters and went from there. When I started this story I had only just started watching season two (I think maybe it was season 1?) so if anyone else asks Im just not replying.

PLEASE READ THE ABOVE STUFF OR NO STORY FOR YOU!

----------

“And then I said, ‘No thanks that’s yucky!’ But then mummy said that carrots are good for you and help you to see in the dark and I really want to see in the dark because then I wouldn’t have to sleep with a nightlight anymore and I would be able to see the walkers in the dark and then I’d know when to run and hide.” Charlotte gushed all in one breath.

Honesty this child can talk. I haven’t heard a thing since being back on the van except her little stories. I would say it’s been overly annoying, but she’s cute and a nice distraction from Daryl.

Oh yes, Daryl. Well.

Ever since being kicked out of the bathroom by Lori (pregnant chicks have to pee a lot it seems) he’s just been sitting on the couch looking out the window. Not responding to anyone or anything.

My mother once told me that trying to understand the bipolar mood swings of a man was like trying to decipher a foreign language. Now I know exactly what she means.

I tried to think back to all my past boyfriends, to all the times that they acted weird or strange or anything like Daryl but I can’t really come up with anything even close. Stupid red neck asshole.

He’s also been refusing to talk to me, apparently still mad at me because I ‘endangered my life’ or something. Honestly, who does he think I am? That’s what I do; I’m reckless, attracted to danger. I don’t feel right unless I’m in the middle of a fight, he should know that. And it’s a bit hypocritical too, it’s not like he hasn’t risked his life more than a few hundred times. We’re in a zombie apocalypse, risking your life is just something that happens.

God I want to hit something. We haven’t encountered any problems for miles, the roads as clear as anything.

I turn my attention back to Charlotte who’s still babbling away, happily unaware of my inner frustration.

“And daddy said that after we got to Missouri and I got the cure needle that he would take me to Disneyland because I haven’t been to Disneyland in a really long time but I’ve been a good girl. Kara will you take me to Disneyland?” she tilts her head up at me, huge blue puppy dog eyes staring back at my own wide ones, confusion and surprise written all over my face.

“Charlotte, what did you just say?!” I practically yell, shaking her shoulders a little.

The rest of the vans occupants turn our way curiously.

“Ouch Kara!”  I let go of her shoulders. “I just want you to take me to Disneyland, please can we go?” She pleads again.

“No, no Charlotte, before that. What did you say before that? About going to Missouri and getting a cure needle?”  Everybody else shifts forward a little now, their interests piqued at this new bit of information. Even Daryl has turned from the window of endless entertainment to listen.