CHAPTER FOUR

Short again I know but this chapter is long overdue!

please comment and vote and let me know what you think!

-Indi :)

----------

Any plans I had about staying away from Daryl and trying to disconnect from the group were dashed the next night.

"We need to check the woods!" Rick argued. "If there are walkers out there we need them gone."

"And risk losing someone else? There’s always gonna be walkers out there, we can just deal with them when they come." Andrea shot back.

It was nighttime and we were all sitting in the lounge room listening intently to the conversation they were having from the kitchen. I looked around the room at everybody else and I noticed a few people biting their tongues to stop from putting in their opinions. Even I was having a hard time trying to stop from piping up but a stern look from Daryl and a shake of the head from Carol kept me silent.

"Are you mad Andrea? You want us to just sit around and wait for them to come to us?"

"No I think we should set up a perimeter around the house and just guard that, there’s no point in going out and looking for trouble, because we'll find it."

Rick let out a long tired sigh.

"Look Andrea, I hear what you're saying and I hate to risk it just as much as you do, but since winter the walker numbers have dropped, and I don’t think we can risk getting overrun again." There was a something about the way he said the last sentence that made it sound final, I noticed everybody's expression grew darker. Obviously, the last time they had been overrun had resulted in casualties and a dark reminder.

Rick and Andrea came back to the lounge room, Andrea took a seat on the couch but Rick stopped and stood in the doorway.

"Here's what we're gonna do..." He trailed off looking around the room, scanning everybody's faces, trying to devise a plan that would make it safest for everybody.

"Glenn, Daryl, T-dog and myself are gonna go and scan the woods, I want everybody else to stay here and stay safe, Andrea I want to you keep guard on the house."

What?!

I shot up at about the same time Andrea did.

"I’m not staying here!" She shouted while I bellowed "To hell with that!"

Rick let out another tired sigh and closed his eyes for a few brief moments.

Whoa, someone had a rough night.

"Look Karolina, you’re young and I’m not risking bringing you, you will stay here. And Andrea I need someone to keep an eye on everybody else."

"If you leave without me then I'll just sneak out and follow you!" I threaten. God I hated being treated like a defenseless little girl, how many times did I have to prove myself before they took me seriously?!

"You will not!" Rick ordered.

I started to give him another comeback but Andrea beat me to it.

"Everybody here can take care of themselves, Lori, Carol, Maggie and Carl all know how to use guns, I don’t see why I should have to stay here and play babysitter."

"And if you think I’m staying here while you guys are out slaying walkers then you have another thing coming because you’re not the boss of me and I do what I want!" I yelled at him.

"Andrea you’re not playing anything, this is the real thing, and I trust you to help me lead this thing and part of that means doing your part here. And Karolina your right, I’m not the boss of you, but I am the boss of this group and I will not have you out there risking our safety!"