LXI. time to tell tom

D R E A M O F Y O U 🤍⛈🤍

CHAPTER SIXTY ONE ☁ミ REAL LIFE❝  time to tell tom ❞PLANTLESS- ┊🌫☁️✨🤍april 11, 2021

❝ time to tell tom ❞
PLANTLESS- ┊🌫☁️✨🤍
april 11, 2021

It is a little past three in the morning when Karson Stan arrives in London, England. She had taken a red eye flight after talking to Harrison, realizing that it was time to tell Tom the truth about everything. She wasn't entirely sure if Tom would even consider listening to her, after all, she knows she hurt him badly, but she had to try,

The whole Uber ride to Tom's flat had Karson preparing what she was going to say. The entire ride, she held onto something in her hands, fiddling around with the cheap little thing as a way to calm herself.

By the time she arrives to his flat, her anxiety begins to rise. She gives a smile to the security guard, named Hank, as she enters the building. He allows her up, knowing that her and Tom knew each other.

And finally, his door is right in front of her, and she's shaking uncontrollably. It takes every ounce of energy in her to knock on the door. Footsteps can be heard coming and Karson takes a deep breath. The door opens and before Tom even has a chance to say or do anything, Karson says something crazy.

"Marry me."

"Wait, what? Karson? What in the bloody hell is going on here," Tom questions, sleepiness still in his eyes as the knock on his door had awoken him.

Tom and Karson stare at each other, neither of them knowing what to say next. Tom silently yawns before grabbing ahold of Karson's hand and bringing her inside his flat, leading her to the couch where they sit down.

"I'm sorry. I just had to get here as fast as I possibly could. It didn't even occur to me the time!"

"It's okay," Tom says before his eyes grow wide as he finally begins to realize what the girl had said when he first opened the door. "Wait... did you just propose to me?"

"Yeah... I did. I even bought this cheap little ring from one of the stores in the airport," Karson laughs as she shows him what she had been fiddling around with in the car. "I know this is totally insane and I'm surprised you're even talking to me right now, but I... I just have a lot I need to tell you."

"Well, I'm not going anywhere. Talk to me."

"I freaked out, okay? After we... after we lost the baby, I got some news when I went to the doctor and it just destroyed me. I found out that I have this thing called Endometriosis which basically means that I can't get pregnant. Like, it would take an actual miracle for me to get pregnant. And after learning that, I just thought about you and how it meant that I couldn't give you two things that I know you have always wanted. Marriage and kids. That isn't fair to you, Tom. I mean you are so good with kids! And I remember how happy you were when I told you I was pregnant... how could I tell you that it would never happen again?"

Karson takes a second to breathe after venting. Tom pays attention to every word she says, but doesn't speak up because he knows that she isn't done talking.

"I thought about it for awhile, about how to tell you. And then a fan account of yours posted this video on Instagram of you talking about how you couldn't wait to get married one day and that's when I realized that I had to let you go. But then being apart from you just really really hurt. And I felt so guilty. Guilty because I broke up with you when you are one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Guilty because I can't have my own children. Guilty because I am too afraid of marriage. And as time went on, I realized that my fear of marriage is so god damn stupid. After my parents divorced, I had realized that it was going to be difficult for me to want to get married, but then I met Alec and I don't know, I guess I just knew from the beginning that I could see him and I being married. But then he died. And I just figured that with my parents divorce and Alec's death that maybe it was a sign from above that marriage just wasn't in my cards. But that's so stupid! I love you Tom. And I would be the luckiest woman in the world to have a husband as wonderful as you."

Karson stands up from the couch, looks up at Tom with tears in her eyes, and bends down on one knee. He watches her, with both concern and an amused look on his face .

"Thomas Stanley Holland, I know this is probably so crazy of me to do and I'm sure you're going to say no, but I love you. Will you marry me?"

Tom stands up from the couch, and takes Karson's hand, bringing her back up to where she can stand on his feet before letting go of her hand. He quickly looks around the room before finding a string from a toy that Tessa had destroyed and picks it up. He goes back to Karson and bends down on his knee.

"Karson Kennedy Stan, I'll marry you if you'll marry me."

"Oh God, yes," Karson laughs as he gets off of his one knee to stand up and grabs her hand, tying the little string to her ring finger. When he finishes, she takes his ring finger and puts the little ring she found at the airport for five dollars on him.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺