Chapter 34

Chapter 34

After a minute or so, he tried to push me away.

I was resistant. I slapped his hands down. We kept kissing for another 30 seconds.

Then he planted his hands on my shoulders, and pushed me off of him, a little harder than expected. I was tossed back a little, and lost my balance in my high heels. I toppled onto the cold concrete floor.

"Ow!" I said. 

"Sorry!" Max said, rushing to help me up. He offered me a hand, which I ignored. I stood up, rubbing my butt, which now had a couple scrapes- turns out that frilly underwear isn't the best at preventing injuries to your buttocks. 

"Sorry," He said again, as I sat down.

"No, I'm sorry." I leaned forward, placing my head in my hands. I had spent so much time in that position lately, I was surprised there wasn't a hand shaped mold in my forehead.

We were quiet. Sexy music blared through the speakers. I could here high heels strutting on stage as a new dance started.

"So," Max said, breaking the silence. "What do we do now?"

I looked up at him. "Well, I guess, you'll leave, the whole tutoring thing will stop, we'll avoid eye contact in school, and I'll hide back stage if I ever see you here."

Max looked confused and disappointed. "What do you mean?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "What else would we do?"

"Well... you know I like you."

I felt a jolt in my stomach. My face turned deep red. "I like you too."

Max looked down, hiding his face under his hair. "But-"

"You don't want to date a stripper."

His head shot up. "No! I mean, of course not, but-"

"It's ok. I get it. I woudn't want to date me either."

"No, I want to date you-"

"Max."

He blinked. He looked like a lost puppy.

I sighed. "Even if you were ok with the whole stripper thing, and I can tell you're not, I still wouldn't date you."

His face fell. "What do you mean? I thought... you, you know-"

"I like you. I-" I sighed. "I really like you."

His face smushed in confusion.

"I have to take care of my 6 year old brother. I have to work 2 jobs. I don't worry about prom, or what boy I'll date. I have to worry about what I'll eat that night. I worry about paying rent. I can't add a boy on top of all of that. I can't leave my brother alone on Saturday night to go to a party. I can't be a regular fucking teenager."

Max was silent.

"So," he said after a minute. "This isn't going to work."

"No."

He stood up. "I'm going to really miss talking to you in here."

"Me too. It's the best part of this crappy job."

I stood up. He looked at me with his beautiful deep eyes.

"Bye Molly."

I leaned forward and lightly kissed his cheek. 

"Bye Max."

---

Wow that was sad.

Are you crying?

I'm crying.

Thank you for reading! If you liked it, please vote, comment, all that jazz.

Thank you so much if you've stuck with Strip this far. It's pretty insane. You guys are the best.

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

XOX

PS: Merry Christmas!

PPS: Or late Hanukkah if you are a Jew as I am.

PPPS: I love you, :*