Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I have never been good at science. I most likely never will be good at science. And there for I didn't like science. So sitting in science class, staring at the board, was making me feel like my brain was melting out my ears.

The bell rang, awakening me from my mental coma. I stood up, and collected my books. One of the hundreds of bitches at my school hit one of the books of my desk.

"Oops," She said.

I rolled my eyes and bent down to get it.

"Move it fat-ass," She said, and shimmied past me. Looks like wherever I am, my butt will always be to big.

Which made me start singing "Baby Got Back" in my head, which lead to a little bit of awkward dancing to music no one else could here.

Smooth Molly. Real smooth.

I collected myself and started to leave the classroom.

"Oh, Molly, I almost forgot."

I turned around to see Mrs. Samuels erasing the board. "You're grades are really slipping Molly."

I sighed. "I know Mrs. Samuels, and I'm trying as hard as I can but I'm really busy, and I'm just not very good at science-"

Mrs. Samuels held up a finger, and just like that, I shut up. She has super powers when it comes to making people shut up. She may not notice people day dreaming, but if you're talking in her class, you will have a weeks worth of detention.

"Number one, just because you're struggling doesn't mean that you aren't good at science-" Cue eye roll- "Number two, I know you're trying your hardest. I can tell you're putting in work, but I think you need a little extra help. So I've-"

"Um excuse me?"

I looked behind me to see...

MOTHER OF-

Max. Waiting in the doorway.

"Oh Max, good, you're here." Mrs. Samuels said, then turned back to me. "This is Max. I've asked him to tutor you."

"What?" I asked, trying to keep calm.

"Hi Molly," Max said coming up next to me.

"Oh, you know each other?" Mrs. Samuels asked, her eyebrows raised.

"No!" I said, as Max said, "Yeah."

Which led to me sputtering out, "I mean, we've only talked, like, twice, and it was just like-" and Max trying to say something like, "No, not really, we've met, we're acquaintances, but I guess we don't really know each oth-" But we were both silenced by Mrs. Samuels shut-up powers.

"It doesn't matter if you know each other or not," Mrs. Samuels said. "The point is, I asked Max to help you in science."

"I don't really have time for a tutor-" I started to explain.

"Well, you can meet during lunch, or study hall, and you'll only have to meet out of school once a week at the most," Mrs. Samuels said.

"Yes, but I relly don't think that this will-"

"Molly. Max is going to tutor you. You are going to learn. End of conversation." And as if to prove it was over, she stood up, holding a few books to her chest, and left the room.

I stood there perfectly still, as if it would help me escape the situation. "Well, I have to go..." I said after a minute, and started speed walking from the room.

"Hey, Molly wait."

I stopped, and turned around. "What?" I said, sounding snappier than I meant to.

Max took a step back as if my response had reached out and slapped him. "I-I was just wondering if you were free for lunch tomorrow? For, y-you know tutoring or whatever."

I was free, of course. I never ate lunch with anyone. I just sat in the corner of the cafeteria and tried to get as much homework done as possible- it meant less to do when I got home.

"Uh... yeah, I guess," I said. "I mean, I'll have to check." Why the hell did I say that? He had to have realized by then that I had no friends I sat with.

"Ok. I have chess club meetings during lunch on Wednesdays and every other Friday, just so you know," He said.

Oh my god. He did chess club. He didn't swear. He was an honors student (Which I knew because only the honors students could be requested to tutor by teachers). How much dorkier could he get?

"Um, ok, I guess," I mumbled. "I'm gonna be late for algebra."

"Me too. Except I don't have algebra. I have calculus. Not that it's bad that you have algebra and I have calculus it's just that, um, I just uh, I gotta go."

At which point he made the awkwardest exit possible, tripping over his feet twice.

I rolled my eyes. "This better save me from repeating science next year."

---

Hello Magical cupcakes and Kittens!

Sorry this chapter is shorter than some of my others, but I'm having trouble concentrating. Also, I have a mild case of writers block, so I may need some time for that to wear off (for me, writers block lasts 1-2 weeks if I'm lucky. I just need a break from writing). 

Any whoosles, I added a youtube link for the first time! So if you want to hear "Baby's Got Back," Click on that... which is pretty obvious. Also, I suggest just listening, because the video is kinda sexist and gross. But if you do want to watch it go ahead. Why am I talking about this?

Well this authors note is going to be way to long so Imma wrap it up.

Please vote comment, bloopidy blah blah.

Thanks for reading!

XOX