Chapter 15

Chapter 15

 No one actually likes the cafeteria in high school. And I am no exception. So I was actually kind of glad that I had to get tutored by Max that Wednesday. It meant escaping the war zone of popularity contests, food fights, and the over all grossness of the school lunch.

"Molly!" Max practically screamed, running up behind me. On second thought, it was an actual scream. He was literally screaming and sprinting towards me from the other end of the hall.

"Hey Max," I said, trying to keep my head down. Max reached my side, and slowed from a sprint, to an awkward speed walk.

"So are you ready to go study?" He asked. He was clutching a few books to his chest as if his life depended on it.

 "Yeah, sure," I said. "Where are we going?"

"I was thinking the library," Max said. "It's kinda like the hot spot for studying."

"Uh... ok," I said nervously, and followed him to the library. 

Truth be told, I had never actually been inside my school's library. I didn't really go in libraries these days... I hadn't had very good experience with them in the past.

"Here we are," Max said, entering the room of musty books and studying nerds. He took a few steps and started to say something. He was almost finished with his sentence when he realized that I wasn't behind him.

"Hey," He said, turning around, to see me standing paralyzed in the doorway.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his voice sincere. Well, it was nice to know he cared.

"I don't really... do libraries. Like, ever." 

"Why not?" He took a step closer.

"I've had bad experiences with them," I said. 

"There's nothing to be afraid of," He said.

Part of me wanted to listen to him, and walk through the doors. Part of me wanted to run away crying. But my feet wouldn't let me do either of those things, which was good, because I was sadly more likely to do the later.

"Can we just like... study somewhere else?" I asked. I was starting to feel like the walls were closing in on me, and I was pretty dizzy.

"It's ok. Here." Max held out his hand.

1. What the hell is he doing offering his hand to me 2. If he thinks I'm taking it, he's crazy 3. And I'm holding his hand.

I'm not really sure how that happened, but the little kid part of me suddenly jumped out through my hands and latched onto his. The weirdest part was, it actually helped. The dizziness went away, even if the room still felt to small. 

And then I stepped into the room. And I was already sitting at a table with my book out in front of me before I even knew I was in there. Max's hands must be magical or some shit like that.

Max droned on for a while, and I took notes... or doodles. And maybe I daydreamed a little but hey, you can't blame me. Science is boring even when an adorable blonde guy is teaching it too you.

Did I just call Max adorable?

"Oh hey, by the way," Max said, starting to pack up his books. "It looks like Wednesdays aren't actually good anymore. Or any lunch actually. I have to fill a spot on student council, and I'm starting my volunteering tomorrow, so I'm not really going to be free during school.

"Oh, ok," I said. "Well, do you want to meet outside of school."

What demon from hell willed me to say that? I couldn't see Max outside of school, I was busy enough as it was.

"Sure. I'm free Friday."

I'm free Friday. That is how you know you have a first class dork on your hands. Anyway, Friday was role-play night, and Dicky would kill me if I missed it.

That was a sad sentence.

"Actually, I can't. Is tomorrow good?"

Max's face got red. Like, really, really red. "Actually, um, no I-I, have to um... do something, on, on uh, tomorrow."

"Um... alright then. Sometime over the weekend?"

"Yes, yes that's good," Max's face brightened.

We exchanged phone numbers, and I started to leave. "See you this weekend!" I called behind me.

"Shh!" the librarian hushed.

"See you this weekend!" Max whispered back.

---

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

PREPARE TO BE AMAZED!!!

I don't know what that was.

Hi there! Thank you for reading this chapter, if you liked it, please vote, comment, and follow me, cause, yeah. And if you didn't please still do.

Sorry for the shorter chapters lately. Writers block, and lack of time.

(If you aren't Iris ignore this next part)

HI IRIS!!!!!

XOX