𝟎𝟐𝟐. 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO, TRACK TWENTY-TWO"days turn into nights, conversations turn into fights, we gon be alright

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO,
TRACK TWENTY-TWO
"days turn into nights, conversations turn into fights,
we gon be alright. love turn into life"
—— NARRATIVE

right
mac miller
3:17────I─────1:31
↺͏͏ ◁◁͏͏ ll ▷▷ ⋮≡

ONE WEEK LATER !

natalia has been spending so much time with ezequiel since he's woken up. the only times she would go home was to shower, but other than that she was staying the night in the hospital. spending time with ezequiel led her to finding herself again and learning how to be okay with everything that happened.

he was finally being released from the hospital today. a whole week later and he was ready to go home. he was going to be able to spend the remainder of the summer with his friends, as he should have in the first place. a lot of shit could have probably been avoided if he was home.

for example, ezequiel wouldn't have let natalia get as low as she was. and he surely would have let her heal on her own time instead of rushing the process like alejandro did. not to mention, ezequiels accident only added more pressure on her so if he didn't enlist then the accident would have never happened. but it did happen, and ezequiel was a strong believe in the saying 'everything happens for a reason' and he thinks it was to help build natalias strength.

natalia was grabbing ezequiels belongings, ivy also helping out with them. when natalia asked to be the one guest who stayed the night at the hospital, ivy hesitated and ivy truly wanted to say no. but ivy also knew that natalia needed her best friend, so she couldn't say no to natalia, no matter how much she wanted to.

"ready, freddy?" natalia asked, ezequiel furrowing his eyebrows at the brunette in front of him. the two girls laughed at his expression and then checked the hospital room for anything they were leaving behind.

the doctor came back with ezequiels discharge papers, asking ezequiel to sign them since he was able to do so. once he finished that, the trio walked out of the hospital and to ivy's car.

the friends weren't going home. they were going to natalias house where their friends and family were hanging out while waiting for ezequiel to arrive. it was a welcome home surprise party. it was going to be the first time all families were getting together since his going away party at natalias house the previous year. that was the party alejandro broke up with her at.

the whole ride there, the friends were talking over each other and laughing. ezequiel was expressing how he couldn't wait to get back on the basketball court, he missed the sport so much. he was also excited to meet kairi and leslies son for the first time. he loved babies, he would love to have one of his own soon. the accident made him realize that life was too short to wait, you had to live in the moment and living in the moment meant making decisions that would impact your future greatly.