Don

Tears start to fill my eyes as I walk speedily away from you. I keep picturing your face. Your beautiful smile, your captivating eyes. I miss you. I miss you so much that my chest aches and I hurt all over. I just want to turn back time. I want to pretend that that it never happened, that we never fought. I stop walking and close my eyes. As soon as I do I regret it. All I see is your face.
I continue walking and when I come to the corner I turn my head to glance back at you, but you're not there. Where did you go? I spin around and run to the spot where you were. I look in both directions hoping for a sign of you. That's when I hear you scream. A scream of agony. I break into a run in the direction of your voice. When I round the corner I see your crumpled body and a figure in a hood running away. I kneel beside your bleeding body and beg you to be okay. I quickly pull my phone out of my pocket and dial the police. They say they will be here soon but the life has already left your eyes and your blood is mixing in with the rain. So much blood. When I put my fingers against your neck, I feel no pulse. I don't know what to do. What is there to do except cry? I stand up and back away. I keep backing up until I feel the hard wall against my back. The tears are coming faster now. I slouch against the wall and put my head in my hands. The rain blends with my tears, soaking my face. I stay there like that as the sirens come into my range of hearing. You're dead. Gone.