James

She has hair so light that it blends in with the snow. Her eyes are a beautiful pale blue. Her body is so small and fragile, it's as if one mistake could break her. Small tears are running down her cheeks. I want to walk over and ask her what's wrong but I am too captivated by the way that even when she's silently crying she is beautiful. I scan her face trying to copy her beauty into my memory. When she notices me she pulls her hood up over her head and looks down.
----------------------------------------------------
Four days have passed and the color of her eyes is fading slowly from my memory. I wish I had asked her name. I should have comforted her, put my arm around her. I should have held her. Suddenly I slam into someone, interrupting me from my thoughts.
"I'm sorry."
I look up and see those beautiful pale eyes. Her voice is so soft and sweet. I just stand staring. I don't know what to say. I've been waiting for this moment for days and now I don't know what to do. All I can manage to get out is a simple
"Excuse me."
She nods and slips past me. I can't let her get away. I grasp her wrist before she can get any farther from me. She looks at me and then down at my hand with fear in her eyes. I quickly release her frail arm and drop my hands to my sides.
"I'm sorry. I just- Whats your name?"
I run my fingers through my hair wishing that hadn't sounded so lame. She hesitates before softly mumbling the word that I didn't yet know would come to be my favorite.
"Macy."