Chapter 6

Chapter 6

---------------------

There was a silence between the girls as they sat in the car trying to pass through the Houston traffic. Nyema was silent from not having anything else to say on the matter because she felt as though that was of course the right thing to do. She couldn't believe seeing the picture of Ebony sitting up on Mrs.Jackson's desk during their interview. It was like a sign from God that this wasn't it for her. All she could honestly think was what were the odds? Her best friend turned worst enemy was the niece of the one person in Houston that was probably gonna give her the opportunity of a life time. It was way too coincidental to not be a sign to get the hell out of that situation.

Meanwhile Nyla was silenced into shock. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She felt as though Jaylen went out on a limb for her and really put forth an effort to get Nyema setup in a career that she wanted just a few days after being released from a five year bid. Now her sister was just going to throw it away.

"So just like that, you're not gonna take it Ny?" She asked.

"I mean I cant!" Nyema expressed, feeling bad from hearing the disappointment in her younger sisters voice. "Ebony and I fell off bad while we were in there. I'd be playing with fire big time to take that position, Nyla."

"You did this to us Nyema! Gone rope me in with those niggas ,now look, my fucking sentence is longer than yours!" Ebony yelled as both her and Nyema threw the dirty uniforms into the washer.

Nyema stood at the folding table in shock. How could her best friend be standing here blaming her for everything that happened that night? They both were there, and they both know they just did what they had to do to escape everything that was happening. It was no blame on one person they were trying to survive a situation that was doomed from the start.

Nyema looked over at the guard who was now watching them closely to make sure a fight wouldn't ensue due to Ebony's excessive shouting. She was in a rage that couldn't be contained after talking to her attorney earlier that morning. He had explained that she wasn't going to receive another sentencing like she requested so she could get an attempt at a lighter sentence. It was like her whole world had came crashing down. She had already lost all respect for Nyema putting her in that position knowing how those guys were but she down right hated her now.

Nyema stepped closer to Ebony trying to keep their business on the low and make sure she knew she needed to lower her voice if she wanted no issues from the guards. "Look Ebony we were both there. I didn't rope you into shit and neither of us knew it was going to go down like that, why in the world would I do that to you?"

"You tell me Nyema, because now I'm sitting in here with a five year plus bid!"

"Lower your voice, Ebony."

"Or what, bitch?"

"Houghton, Richardson!" The guard nearest to them yelled noticing the gap Ebony was intending to close between the two. "Back it up or y'all can go to the hole for the day."

The two women stepped back to their mandated stations but didn't keep their glares off one and other until they were done with their chore of the day. They both got cuffed back up to head to the rec yard quietly with the guards. Once they were on the yard and free of their shackles Ebony made it a point to make sure Nyema knew that this was it between the two of them. She would never forget the girl she once considered a little sister. Not after no shit like this.

"Count your days bitch because I'm gone make every last one hell. You took five years of life from me and I'm gone make these the worst five of yours."