Chapter 4

Chapter 4

--------------------

                Nyema sat still as stone for a while looking over the handsome brown face of 
Terrance "T" Hightower. She honestly couldn't believe he was right there in front of her grinning as he did all those years ago. Terrance and Nyema went way back, all the way back to her days at Spades and honestly he was a big part of who she ended up becoming, and for that she was shocked to her core, and uneasy in a sense. 

"Don't look so surprised to see me!" He chuckled before outstretching his arms for a hug. "You can't even give a nigga a hug?"

Nyema snapped out of it and slowly slid out of the booth, standing to give Terrance a hug. He squeezed her softly and rocked her back and forth a bit soaking up her presence. Terrance had missed the beloved "Dutchess" of Spades. Before her incarceration they spent a lot of time with each other in the club on slow nights. Terrance was the bar manager of the club, and chopped it up with the dancers often, but Nyema he was exceptionally close with and that's why he couldn't past up the opportunity to help put his friend up on game of some real hustling all those years ago. Little did he know, that same hustle he introduced her to would land her the five year bid.

Pulling away a chill creeped up her spine. Terrance never had actually done anything to Nyema to harm her personally but just a couple months into her bid she realized that he was down right wrong for putting an eighteen year old up on game like that knowing how dangerous it could've been for her. Terrance is a whole five years older than Nyema and had been around that lifestyle much longer so to put her in harms way like that never sat right with her over the years. 

"Well, I see you got someone to catch up with, I'm gonna give y'all some time and go to the bar." Chelin smirked as she slid out of the booth with her drink in hand.

 She winked at Nyema before sashaying away making Nyema mentally roll her eyes at how horrible her best friend was at reading the room. She sat back as Terrance slid into the spot her best friend previously occupied. 

"How you been?" He questioned.

"I've seen better days but it's my first day out and everything has been going pretty good so far."

He raised his eyebrows in approval, and nodded. "That's good, I heard some folks talking about some picture on your Instagram earlier, I didn't think shit of it but now I see what the hype was all about."

"Hype?" She questioned confused. "Who was talking about me?"

"You know, some of the other managers at the club."

"Ahh, so you still managing?"

"Yea, the best thing going for me right now. We booming big time."

"Good for y'all." Nyema nodded before looking over at the bar where Chelin was now having an in depth conversation with one of the bartenders. 

It was just like her friend to leave her with some dude thinking it was some fling or hookup from the past, but It most definitely wasn't, and Nyema most definitely needed her friend to pick up her glare so she could come save her. When Nyema said she didn't want anything to do with her old life she meant it and that includes anyone from the club but especially the person responsible for having her young naive ass on bullshit all those years ago. The fact that he was still working the club also didn't sit right with Nyema because she was praying he hadn't dragged any other young girls into that lifestyle because there really isn't a good end.

"It could be good for us," Terrance called out trying to get Nyema's attention back. "We got a couple open positions. You should come back and tryout again, looks like you ain't lost that body of yours anyways."