Chapter 38 ~ The cave

This chapter is not edited yet.

Recap:

He stopped me by tugging at my arm. I quickly yanked it loose. How could I keep strong if he touched me? “You really need to take it Alice. Tonight!”

I was feeling uneasy. I had never seen  him act like this. “What’s happening tonight?”

“Everything bad.”

Chapter 38:

I swallowed deeply. So tonight was ‘the’ night then. “I have had a feeling that something bad was going to happen all day” I muttered silently while taking the bottle.

He nodded at me. For a minute or so we looked each other in the eye. I know that I didn’t mean anything to him but I was still enjoying to look deeply into his mesmerizing grey eyes one last time. I had fallen for him so deeply. No matter how much he had hurt me, a part of me was still soft for him.

“Are you nervous?” I asked him. He couldn’t seem to keep calm and he seemed uneasy all the time.

At first he hesitated. “Very nervous” he replied at last. “There’s no more doubt that after tonight you’ll hate me forever.”

I snorted. Right, he was a deatheater. That single fact has kept me up ever since he showed me that terrible dark mark on his arm. And still I couldn’t fully hate him. “Right” I only said. I opened the little flask of felix felicis and smelled it. A rich and alluring aroma filled my nose. I drank one big sip, leaving half of the bottle full.

I handed the remaining half back to Draco. “What are you doing?” he asked me as if I had gone mental. “You need to drink everything.”

I shrugged. “You look like you could use some luck yourself.” He looked at me with doubt in his  eyes. “Well, go on,” I urged him, “I haven’t got all  night.” He drank a sip but left a little bottom in the flask.

“Give this last bit to your brother”, he said while handing it back over, “I don’t want you to lose someone you really care about.”

I took the bottle and almost punched him in the face. He was worried that I’d lose someone I cared about? What a hypocrite. “Like you care” I spat angrily at him.

I turned around and walked on to Dumbledore’s office, I was late. “Good luck” I heard Draco mutter silently.

I ordered myself to stop thinking about him for the rest of the night, it could only bring me in even more danger. Tonight I needed to think about myself and my safety. I encountered Harry just outside of Dumbledore’s office and made him drink the last sip of felix felicis.

When we got in, we found Dumbledore pacing around in his office. “We’re ready to go sir!” I told him confidently. I felt the potion kicking in as I felt like I could accomplish almost anything. And maybe that was exactly what was necessary.

“We’re going to apparate to our destination, do you know how to do it?” Dumbledore asked us. He was still as friendly as ever towards us, but all playfulness and all jokes had been replaced by a certain seriousness.

I looked at Harry. “We know how to apparte sir,” I started, “but we haven’t got our license yet. We are too young.” It was true, we had taken the classes like everybody else, but our birthday wasn’t until July, so we weren’t allowed to take the exam yet.

He nodded in response. “I will assist you then. We are going to a place where I was able to track down a horecrux. It was a place where Voldemort used to come with his orphanage when he was younger.”