Chapter 14 ~ Talking to the enemy

AN : this chapter took me like forever to write I apologize !! I thought I posted the last one less than a week ago but oh well... here it is anyway ! I hope you enjoy and leave your comment or vote !! The next chapter will be out this weekend !

Chapter 14 :

The next morning I was hopping happily with Luna through the corridors. It was a fine day, except for the two hours potions that we were about to have, but not even that could bring my mood down.

When we got inside, the classroom was filled with strange aromas coming out of kettles as always. I got seated at my regular spot in the front and Luna kept me company since the Slytherins weren’t there yet. 

We were chatting about the latest Quibbler when we got interrupted by a boy from Gryffindor who’s name I didn’t know. He had a nervous little smile on his face as he handed me a letter.  “I had to give you this from a friend of mine” he said. He thereafter left the room without saying another word.

“Uh…thanks ?” I answered him, unsure if he had heard me.

“Open it !” Luna exclaimed curiously. “Look Alice, it has your name written on it with a little heart next to it. I am sure it’s a love letter !” We giggled as I opened the the envelop. Inside was a cart, it was decorated with hearts and there was no doubt to the fact that it was meant to be a love letter.

“What does it say ?” Luna urged me. We were both always curious and inpatient.

“My dearest Alice, it says” I started. “You should know how lovely and beautiful you are. I have admired you since the first days I laid eyes on you. Your eyes are the loveliest green, your cheeks the best pink and your lips are divine to look at.” I giggled for a moment, who on earth would send me such a cheesy message ? Luna nudged my side in order to go on. “We have not met, but when we do I will make your life heavenly. I would love to take you out on a romantic date. If you say yes, please give your answer to the boy who gave you this. I greatly admire you ! M.C.”

“Well Potter,” sneered a cold behind us, “it’s not that your love life isn’t the most fascinating subject ever. But move from my seat…now.” Malfoy’s voice was rude and distant and made the room go creepily silent all the sudden. Obediently enough Luna went towards her own desk and Malfoy took his place besides me.

“Someone is obviously in a good mood” I stated sarcastically.

“Whatever” was his response. He took the card that I had just finished reading and twirled it around in his hand. He started reading it, under my protest, and snorted. “Lack of style, terrible grammar and written like a retard. Sounds like the perfect guy for you Potter, congratulations !”

Professor Slughorn entered the classroom and started teaching but our fights and discussions got more and more heated. Malfoy decided to take it to the next level. With a little wave of his wand he let my schoolbooks fall on the floor loudly. Whenever I placed them on my desk again he would do it over and over again, the evil bastard.

“Miss Potter, it would be very nice if you could try to keep your belongings on the table rather than on the floor” professor Slughorn addressed me sternly.

I nodded and felt embarrassed. “Of course sir, I am really sorry it won’t happen again.” When he had turned his attention to someone else again I glared angrily at Malfoy for being a git. He just grinned at me mischievously. I couldn’t just let him get away with that now could I ?

I thought of a good prank and merely a few minutes later hundreds of brilliant plans to annoy Malfoy were brooding in my head. I had never before been able to perform the spell that could change the color of eyebrows but now seemed to be a pretty perfect time to succeed in it.