Chapter 3: Family Dinner

Jade walks into her house, she can't stop thinking about what her father has just said to her. She should be used to this kind of insults but she still cares although everyone is convince she doesn't. Her brother comes running towards her. „Do you know where mom is?", Jason asks.

„No, isn't she here?", Jade wonders.

„No... I slept at Ben's house, than I went to school with him and when I returned home noone was here", her little brother explains sadly.

„Have you eaten something?", Jade tries to stay calm. She tries to be nice to her brother because she mostly isn't. But he looks so worried right now and Jade cannot handle more stress right now. If her day wasn't bad enough already.

„I was waiting for mom to come and make dinner."

„Come on, I'll make you some. What do you want?", Jade offers while thinking about where their mother might be. What if something bad has happened to her?

„Pancakes!", Jason's face lights up.

„Fine, I'll make you pancakes and you'll finish your homework."

Jason nods and runs off. Jade immediatly grabs her phone and tries to call her mother. She is trying for the 5th time and still noone is answering. „Where the hell are you? It's Jade, your daughter, we need you!", Jade tells the mailbox. Jade smashes her phone on the table, luckily it doesn't break and she continues making pancakes. Jade brings Jason his plate. He is sitting in the dinning room doing his homework. He starts eating like he hasn't seen food for a whole week.

„Slow down! Hasn't Ben's mom made you breakfast and a lunch box?"

„She did. But pancakes are way better", he says with a mouth full of pancakes. Jade on the other hand is just playing with her food, with her thoughts being busy with other stuff.

„When have you seen mom the last time? Did she send you any text messages?", Jade breaks the silence.

„I saw her the last time, yesterday when you told me to get my things so I could sleep at Ben's."

That was the last time Jade has seen her as well. She tries to contact her one more time, but still nothing.

„Aren't you eating yours?", Jason asks.

„No, you can have it if you want!", Jade hass bigger probems than food right now. She can't believe it was just yesterday when she found out she has a sister. Her life got twisted around in less than 48 hours and there is nothing she can do about it. Jade just had her life under control, she was at a good point in her life. She was back together with Beck, her mental state was good, she and Tori got along (kinda) and she was actually doing really good at school. But then suddenly everything changed. Her father has ruined it again, like he always does.

„I don't understand my math homework", Jason complains. Jade takes a look at it. She spends the rest of the evening helping him with his homework and cleaning the house that smells like Whisky. After Jason finally goes to bed Jade tries to call her mother several times but still nothing. She sees that Beck has send her several text messages as well but she doesn't feel like explaining this whole mess to him. Jade is standing in the kitchen when all the things people have said about her come to her mind. Why can't you be like a normal person? Skank! And the freak! I am not happy in our relationship! I can't believe how jelous you get? Can't you do one thing right? Of course Tori gets the lead she isn't a heartless monster! Why would you be friends with Jade?

Jade really wants it to stop, she needs her thoughts to stopp!

You will never be good enough for anyone! You're ugly on the outside and on the inside! You're friends don't like you. They only pretend like they do. They prefer Katelyn over you. I mean who wouldn't? She beautiful, kind and talented. And what are you? A useless piece of shit. Even Beck would leave you for Tori or Katelyn! He doesn't love you. Nobody does. Especially not your family.