Chapter 2: Wicked

Short note: I changed it to it's Jade's junior year and Katelyn's sophomore year, because I didn't want to have a too big age difference between those two.

_____________

„Time to wake up", Beck whispers. Jade is a heavy sleeper, no noise can make her wake up, so Beck kisses her cheeck softly and the brown haired girl opens her eyes slowly with a soft smile on her lips.

„I don't want to go to school. Can't we just stay in bed all day?", Jade mumbles.

„I wish that, too", Beck pecks her lips, „I'm gonna make coffee. Hopefully you're ready when I am back."

Beck leaves and Jade starts to get ready slowly. She has forgotten to bring some clothes from home so she just has to go by the skirt she wore yesterday and one of Beck's shirts. She takes the Nirvana one although it is a little too loose for her but it works. Beck comes back from his parents' house and hands Jade her coffee. They are driving to school.

„Can I ask you something about your family thing?", Beck asks. Jade has told him about it yesterday.

„I would rather not talk about it."

„You can't ignore it forever."

„Watch me!"

„How come that you haven't met Katelyn earlier?"

„URGHH", Jade rolls her eyes, „I don't know I don't visit my dad that often. Which is good... you know. We were never at his house because the witch he calls his wife did not want it. So we always stayed in an apartment, it is only one weekend each two months and I hated it anyways so it didn't matter."

„But it kinda matters now?"

„NO! IT DOESN'T! He dicided to leave eight years ago, so he can go back to hell now! And he can take his precious daughter with him!"

Beck should have never asked, it clearly affects Jade a lot.

„I am sure you can avoid her in school today, if you really want to."

„She won't stay long at Hollywood Arts. Trust me, I will take care of that."

They walk into the school and the first person Jade sees is Katelyn.

„Nice shirt! I love that band!", she says to Jade with a smile on her face. Katelyn keeps walking. Jade is about to follow her but Beck holds her back. He lays his arm around her shoulder and leads her in another direction. „You can't be mean to her when she is nice to you", Beck whispers in her ear.

„Why are you defending her?!"
„I am not. I am just saying that you should avoid and not kill her."

They walk into Sikowitz room.

„The list for the cast of the school's new musical Wicked is out!", Cat annouces happy while hugging Jade. Jade hates it but she somehow manages to stay calm.

„You've got the wicked witch and Tori got the good witch", Cat continues.

„What?!", Jade screams excitedly, „I got Elphaba?! The lead?"

Jade cannot believe it, she has not gotten any leads since Tori arrived. The smile on Jade's face is the biggest one Beck has seen for a long time. Jade takes a look at the cast list.

„Katelyn is also in this play?! That has to be a huge mistake! Sikowitz?!"
„No it's not. We took some younger students for minor roles and since you both two look very much alike and she's perfect to play your little sister. Besides she's a very talented singer and actress as I happened to find out yesterday."