* . | Link; Breath Of The Wild

- let's bear the burdens, together

5.6.20

The hero of legends, someone your grandparents told you about all too much. That someday the legend himself will arise with courage and defeat the dreaded calamity Ganon once and for all.

Ever since you were little all you heard were stories of him. Mostly from the older generation telling you and the other kids your age about how their parents had lived through the destruction of Calamity Ganon when he had first initially awakened.

And as a kid, you enjoyed listening to such stories. Listening on and on about how someday you'll all regain your freedom back and live in peace just like the old days before monsters roamed the fields of Hyrule.

The monsters were truly dreadful. At a young age up until now you've learned to stay weary of them. Never roam alone at night, and never go outside during a blood moon.

For if you weren't careful enough, you'll most likely find yourself in the belly of said monsters.

|||

As time went on and with each passing year of having to listen to the same stories over and over again, you began to grow increasingly bored of them by the time you reached your early twenties.

You weren't a kid anymore. Although the stories did influence your profession quite a bit.

Your profession being the protector of your village alongside a few elders to protect the people from any monsters that wonder too close.

And boy did they wonder into your village quite a bit. Y/n never really having the chance to rest with her always getting tasked to slay a few of them here and there only to find out that they'd somehow managed to set up a camp. Something the Bokoblin's and Moblin's alike did all too well.

After having studied them since a young age you were able to understand their behaviors and how they work. Which meant you were the one the people would go to when they had suspicions of a monster camp nearby.

|||

His name had begun to sound like white noise. Who knew that after listening to something so many times that you'd become numb to it?

For every time you heard the name, "Link" you couldn't help but roll your eyes with annoyance.

"I doubt he'll ever come during our age, how long has it been since people first had hope of his return. . . A hundred years maybe?" Your mother clicked her tongue at your words, already knowing that you're not particularly fond of the fabled hero.