Chapter 31

Hakeem's POV

Aisha came into my room to see me still seated, not dressed up. She wasn't dressed either but unlike me, she wanted to go to this party so she can dress up any time.

"Baby, why are you not dressed?" She asked me, sitting in the bed beside me.

"I don't want to..." I started and she frowned at me, causing my words to cut short.

"You have started again, Hakeem. Why would you even say that?" She stated, looking at me with concern.

"What If he doesn't want to see me? My father is really unpredictable." I looked at her and she exhaled, bringing her hand to my face and stroking it gently.

"Hakeem, your father is not angry with you. He never has been. He just wants your relationship back and this is the effort he's trying to put. Now, not showing up at his Sixty Fifth birthday party is just plain rude." She replied and I sighed.

"I know but, I'm so nervous." I whined and she chuckled in response, kissing me quickly on my lips then standing up and walking to my wardrobe.

"It's okay to be nervous. Anyway though, we need to hurry or we would be later than fashionably late and I honestly want to make an entrance." She sassed and I laughed in response.

"I don't want other men eyeing you, please." I smirked. She looked at me and rolled her eyes. She then brought out a red designer suit I've had in my wardrobe for a while and I haven't wore.

"This would do. I'm wearing a red dress." She laid it on the bed and kissed me pecked me again. "I'll meet you down stairs." She said before leaving the room.

I sighed and began to get ready.

****

I leaned against the bar counter, waiting for Aisha to come down. I felt really nervous about seeing her all made up and dressed up, it would be my first time. I've never seen her wear cocktail or a dinner dress, so I was sorta hyped and nervous about it.

I was buttoning up my blazer when I heard the clicking of heels on the stair case and I looked up, slowly.

Damn

Damn.