Chapter 16

Aisha's POV

"Why didn't you tell me anything? Even if you couldn't tell Dad and Mum, you could have told me something." Zaria sighed in frustration.

We were all still in Nadia's house. I was already getting better. The bandage was already off my head and my eye was getting better than last time, though I started to use a recommended glasses now because my vision wasn't really the same anymore. Though shi e still had a few wounds here and there and plasters here and there, my face was getting back it's colour.

Zaria insisted she wanted to come and see me even though I begged her not to because of security reasons. For all we know, Emeka might have some tail her or something and that would blow our cover. She finally convinced me and one of Nadia's Driver went to pick her from a very secluded place.

"I couldn't say anything. He made me not to say anything to anyone. I thought he would change." I muttered, looking down and feeling ashamed.

"Change?! Aisha, you are way smarter than this now. Men like that are demons. And to think I actually thought he was a good man. Motherfucker." Zaria cursed under her breath.

"Zaria, I'm sorry. I really am." I didn't even know what to say but to apologize. She was right to be angry or upset. After the issue with Sam, we promised to tell each other everything from then on. No secrets. But here I was, keeping everything from her.

"Aisha I'm not angry with you but I'm disappointed in my sef. I am angry with my self for not noticing all of this when it was right in front of my eyes. I knew something was off but I couldn't place it so I decided to ignore it. This is basically Sam all over again and I hate it!" Zaria broke down and started crying. I went close to her and hugged her.

"Don't be to hard on yourself. You are still the best sister I could ever ask for. I was the one who messed up. You always wanted to be sure of I was okay. You checked up on me so many times. I wanted to tell you but he was always there. I didn't even know how I was going to tell you. I'm sorry." I told her. She used her fingers to clean her eyes daintily and gave a small smile.

"You know, the funny thing is that, the bastard came looking for you at our house, two days after he said you were missing. He acted like the best fiance ever. When Dad asked him what went wrong that made you leave the house, he said you just had an argument and that you didn't trust him about some things and you walked out of the house..." Zaria pursed and I widened my eyes.

"That God forsaken liar..." I said through gritted teeth.

"He even went as far as posting missing posters of you. Mummy was miserable. We called every police department. He came every single day to comfort Mum. Joel was there. He informed me that all Emeka said didn't add up. We all know how Joel is observant so we both decided to take up his suspicion without Dad, Mum or Emeka knowing." She pursed again and I urged her to continue.

"An idea came into my head to go to your work place. Joel escorted me there. I saw Hakeem and remembered him and started to ask questions. It was then that he told me everything that went down that night. Joel also testified that he had seen some scars on your arm and few on your back. Hakeem promised to get in touch and here I am." She concluded and I hugged her again. She made the right move and I am glad she's my sister.

"I love you so much. You are the best." I whispered.

"I love you too and I'm glad you are safe. But what do we do about Emeka, you can't stay here forever." She said. As I opened my mouth to speak, the door opened and Nadia, Lola and Hakeem came in.

"Hey, girl. How are you feeling today." Nadia came to hug me. Lola hugged me immediately after and Hakeem just smiled at me. I smiled back.

"I'm way better thank you. But I hate the glasses." I whined.