Chapter 26

Danladi Danjuma Gobirs house ⇧

Third Person POV

Hakeem took a turn to the right and drove down the drive way of a dark bushy part till he got to a gate. He stayed inside his car for a while till he saw one of the security men come to his side. When the security man saw who it was, he gave a signal for the gate to be opened and he he turned on the ignition again, driving on the dim lit road that spiraled to the top of the hill.

His father had wanted a very secluded house and he got what he wanted. His father's house was at the outskirt of the city, surrounded by bushes. People had no where Retired Barrister Danladi Danjuma Gobir lived. The house was big. House was an understatement, his father lived in a mansion.

The Gobirs were rich, wealthy even but they never liked to flaunt it. They worked so hard for their money and every member of their family didn't lack anything. Hakeem drove into the compound, turning by the fountain and packing his car. Some guards came to meet, greeting him but he waved them off, matching into the house to meet his father.

It's been five years since Hakeem came home, five years since he last spoke to his father, five years since his mum died. He met maids walking around doing their chores and greeting him as he passed them. As he passed the waiting room and got to the spiral stairs and a maid came to meet him and greeted him with respect.

"Where is my father?" He asked her, ignoring her greeting.

"Zayd." A loud booming voice came from up the stairs and Hakeem looked up. The maid quickly excused herself. Hakeem watched his father come down the stairs, wearing an off white jalabia and holding a glass of wine in his hand.

Danladi Danjuma Gobir

He was the best lawyer money could buy in the country. He was so good that even the president recognized him all the way from Aso Rock. What broke him was the Maduka case. Danladi Gobir had never lost any case and that was the first one he lost. He buried himself in work after that, shutting himself out of his family. He didn't realize the gravity of what he did, until...

"What a surprise. I wasn't expecting you at all, Hakeem. I spoke to your sister yesterday and she didn't tell me anything about you coming." His father's voice interrupted his train of thoughts and he looked to see his father right before him. He hadn't changed much. He had only grown more grey hair on his head and beards buy he still looked rather fit and healthy.

"I didn't plan on coming and Nadia didn't know anything about me coming here. It was last minute." Hakeem replied in a low tone. Danladi smiled.

"I'm glad you are here. Come, we have a lot to discuss." Danladi turned and started to move upstairs but when he saw that Hakeem wasn't following him, he turned back to look at him.

"I didn't come here to talk, Father. I just want to grab the Maduka case files and I'd be on my way." He replied. Danladi chuckled

"Hakeem, you haven't seen or talked your old man for five years. We surely have things to discuss. Come on." Danladi smiled and Hakeem sighed, giving in and together they ascended the stairs, to Danladi's spacious study.

****

Hakeem looked around his Father's study as the Butler poured him a glass of wine. It's been so long, he kinda missed this place. But he had to leave, so that he could heal.

"So how is work?" His father's voice pierced through his thoughts and Hakeem looked at him.

"I reopened the Maduka case." He said with a shrug.

"So I heard." Danladi sipped his wine and Hakeem scoffed at his statement. That was expected.

"Why am I not surprised. Now you keep tabs on me, uhn." Hakeem stood up and went to the shelf where he knew the files would be and started looking through them. He heard his father stand up from his chair