Chapter 22

Aisha's POV

I woke up as early and 4:30 am in the morning because I had to get to work so that the main plan would be set in motion. After having my bath and changing to a new dress, I picked up the compact and tiptoed down the stairs, checked the fridge for the bottle of beetroot smoothie and I saw that it  was intact. Emeka would definitely take it this morning.

Good.

Picking all Emeka's car keys from the key bowl, I sneaked outside the door, making my way towards one of his cars. The body guards were still asleep in their quarters so I had a clean slate. I then opened the door of the car and went in.

I opened the compact and retrieved two mini spy button cameras, putting one just right on top the rearview mirror and other discreetly on the back windshield. That way, the live feeds are gotten from both angles. Both cameras had mini audio settings installed in them that way, whatever conversation going on in the car can be heard.

I made sure the same was done to two of his other cars because I wasn't sure which one he would take out. By the time I was done, it was almost day break and Emeka always gets up by 6:00 am. Looking at the time, it was 5:55 am which meant I only had five minutes to get back to the house and pretend to be asleep.

Jumping out of the car, I raced as fast as she could back to my room. By the time I was closing the door of my room, I heard Emeka's door open. Without making any noise, I laid back on the bed, using the duvet to cover myself.

Immediately I turned over and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep, the door fell open and I heard heard foot steps. My heart began to race and I discreetly began to calm my raising heart. Emeka tapped me twice and I pretended to just be waking up, stretching and turning.

"Good morning, beautiful." He was smiling like everything was normal. I hissed and rolled my eyes at him.

"Did you come to check if I had run away? Because, that's typical paranoid you." I smiled in sarcasm. He laughed like I had just said the funniest joke of all time.

"It's now a crime to come and check on my fiancee." He stated, smirking at me with his hands shoved into his joggers pocket.

"Ex Fiance. I threw your ring away, remember?" She eyed him.

"Ohhh, but babe. You don't need to have a ring to know that you are mine." His smirk turned into an evil grimace and I cowered in fear. He leaned towards me, propping his hand on the headboard of the bed.

"No matter what you say, you and I are going to get married and I'm going to get that gold. Your inheritance will be mine and whether you like it or not, I own you." He growled out. I was angry and disgusted all at once.

Disgusting psychopath. With that thought right in my head, I spat in his face. His face jerked to the side and his hand went to clean the saliva on his face.

"Go fuck yourself." I retorted. He turned to look at me with rage in his eyes. In a second, his hand swung and the back of his palm met my cheek in a back hand slap. I gasped, falling off the bed to the floor due to the intensity of the slap Emeka had given her.

Ouch.

He closed in on me and I crawled back away from him in fear. My back hit the wall behind, fear in my eyes. Emeka crouched down to my level and looked me straight in the eyes, daring me to make any stupid move again. Tears stung my eyes but I tried to keep a straight face.

"Don't think I can't hit you because I can. I own you so I can do whatever I want to do with you at any day. You and I are going to get married, I'm going to get your gold and there is absolutely nothing you are going to do about it." He said through gritted teeth.