Chapter 6

Aisha's POV

I tried to gather as much information as I could on whatever case Barrister Gobir was talking about but it was a futile effort. Lucky for me, Barrister Akinfemi had me working on different cases but I had my suspicion. I felt he was just giving me those cases to occupy me and take my attention of that last one but I wasn't going to let that happen.

I already decided that after this case, I'd continue my digging.

Being in a firm as popular and as successful as Gobir and Akinfemi legal practice, cases given to any attorney would be monitored and analyzed carefully so that it can be easily cracked and the lawyer handling the case would have adequate security. I had meetings with the top attorneys of the firm and go to work.

It was 10:10pm in the evening and I was still awake, working on a particular case, probably the most tasking and tricky of them all. I was seated at a corner of the large room, set aside for studying. Books were splattered all over the table and I was typing away on my laptop, oblivious that time had gone.

I was trying to get all the evidences together to prove my client innocent. My client was a thirty-five years old widow who was arrested and charged to court for the murder of her husband. All evidences pointed to her but after a little digging, I began to find loopholes in the testimonies of some of some of the witnesses.

This was bit hard for me because this was the first time I'd be handling an homicide case, a the defendant lawyer.

The door of the bathroom opened and I didn't have to look back to know that it was Emeka. He had gone to the bathroom earlier for a shower. I heard ruffles at my back but I didn't tear my attention away from my laptop.

"You are still working." He stated from behind me and I nodded, looking over my shoulder to see him dressing up.

"Yes. I have to finish this before tomorrow. I'm having a meeting with the top attorneys of the firm then and I must have an almost complete case file with concrete evidence to prove my client innocence." I rambled on and he hummed in response. I could bet a million bucks that he didn't understand a word I said.

"But it's getting pretty late." He muttered and I turned to look at him. He had his hands akimbo and he was staring at me. I sighed and shot him an apologetic look.

"Just a few more minutes and I'd be done." I replied hastily, my attention back on the laptop hoping and praying that he calms down to wait for me.

Suddenly, I felt his presence behind me before I saw his hands reach out to close my laptop. My breath caught up in my throat as goosebumps began to appear on my skin. I fired a quick prayer that he doesn't hit me tonight. I gently stood up and turned to face him. Surprisingly, his eyes didn't hold anger. It held passion.

I heaved a sigh.

"Babe..." I whined when he moved closer to me and wrapped his hands around me, pulling my body to flush against his. I let out a whimper when his lips met the nape of my neck in chaste kisses.

"I need you tonight." He growled, trailing open mouth kisses up my neck and to my earlobe. I made to answer then he took my earlobe between his teeth. I knew what he meant by what he said and I knew that I dare not deny him sex. He gets really aggressive when I do that.

I just allowed him.

He picked me up and placed me on the bed, not gently, before climbing right on top of me. I was wearing a flimsy singlet and bum short so it was pretty easy for him to put off my cloth. While doing that, he placed aggressive kisses and nibbles against my neck and collar bone, hastily getting rid of my cloths.