Part 2: I Don't Kiss And Tell

Brianna's POV

Did I hear him right? More than that?

I looked at him blankly.

"I'm sorry, more than what? I don't sleep with my bosses, Mr. Armenti. In fact, I have a resignation letter prepared."

"I didn't mean that, Miss White. You take offence easily. I meant more than just boss and employee. I did my research about you after the elevator incident."

So it was an incident. I was blushing again.

"In 20 minutes?"

"I have my resources. So you went to Harvard. Surely, you have more ambition than to be someone's assistant. I can help you with that."

To say he had me intrigued was an understatement.

"In what way?"

"Well, don't ask how, but I have seen your academic achievements as a part of my research. You have great potential and I was looking for someone like you for my next business venture. I'd like to invest with you and be your partner."

"Don't joke with me like that, Mr. Armenti. This is my passion."

"Do I look like I'm joking, Miss White? How do you think I own a conglomerate of companies? I invest in talent."

I was barely able to listen to him. He had offered me the greatest opportunity and he was again standing too close. I could see a freckle on his neck.

"What kind of venture?" I kept the conversation going.

"I'll tell you that after I train you."

"You're going to train me?"

"Obviously. You'll work as my assistant for six months and learn the tricks of the trade. I'll sign you on after that."

"That's a generous offer, boss."
I smiled at him. It was the least I could do.

"Is that a yes then?"

"Obviously, it's my golden egg."

"Then let's get started," he said smiling. Something was amusing him and I was hoping it wasn't the elevator incident.

"Take these documents and follow me to my office," he ordered.

He walked out of the room with so much grace. I realised at that point that I was holding my breath.

Why does he make me so nervous?

I picked up the files and walked out closing the door behind with my leg.

Sure, he was intimidating, but he was just human. I didn't understand why my nerves got the better of me in his presence.

I reached his office and knocked. Mr. Burke's name plate was still on the door.

"Come in."

Oh man, even his voice is sexy.

I pushed the door with my elbow and gave him a small smile as I entered.

He looked up and nodded. Then he returned his attention to his laptop. He had a scowl on his face. What had put his knickers in a bunch?

Without looking up at me, he said, "Take Burke's name off the door till I get mine done."

I kept the documents on the nearest shelf and slid the name out of its place on the door.

"Throw it in the bin."

I widened my eyes at him. He saw that and raised an eyebrow.

"Do we have a problem with that, Miss White?"