⇒ chapter fourteen

KAWAMOTO SHIORI NEVERleft practice early, since she had joined the club, but today it was unexpectedly necessary and Sugawara, being the mom of the team, quickly left with her

left practice early, since she had joined the club, but today it was unexpectedly necessary and Sugawara, being the mom of the team, quickly left with her.

"Sugawara-san you really don't have to...."

He really didn't have to. The whole situation was absolutely mortifying. Yes, Suga was the mom of the team who took care of everyone equally and would probably do this for any of the team members, but she absolutely could not tell him that she got her period. He was still a guy and not just any, he was the guy she liked!

Thankfully, she had her black karasuno jacket to prevent any evident leaks in the meantime, but her cramps could not be held off so easily.

"It's okay, Shiori-chan. You do so much for us so it's the least I can do on behalf of the team, besides you're burning up," he told her, feeling her forehead with his hand which felt freezing cold to her- another period symptom, infrequent fevers.

"Suga-senpai it's true I have a fever, but that's not exactly why I'm sick..."

The third year furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at the girl who was flushed red. It took a few minutes, but thankfully before she could confess that she was currently menstruating, his hazel brown eyes widened in realization.

Sugawara blushed, embarrassed by his own cluelessness, immediately sat her down on a bench nearby and gave her a determined look.

"Don't worry about it, Shiori-chan, it must hurt so just sit here and I'll get the stuff okay?"

She nodded, chewing her bottom lip and he softly smiled down at her, ruffling her hair before heading off to the pharmacy a few blocks down.

At first, staying still was easy for the first year as she was in extreme pain, but suddenly worries began to creep into her brain.

'Sugawara is a male... A teenage male at that, he probably has no clue what he's doin g! Wait, I forgot to give him money, I can't let him pay for my pads! Wait, what if he gets tampons? I mean tampons are fine too... He could still get the wrong size of either! God, this is embarrassing. I mean, I'm a girl, it's normal. It's completely normal, and it's only embarrassing if I make it embarrassing... Hold on, what if he feel's embarrassed? Crap crap crap crap.'

Eventually, the black-haired girl could not take staying still any longer and quickly got up, jogging after him to the pharmacy he had gone to. She looked around and spotted him in the store. Kawamoto sighed out of relief and continued foward only to bump into a taller boy who was also a high schooler. Next to him, were his friends who were even taller than him. The teenage girl wasn't sure if they were volleyball or basketball players but the evidence of them being athletes was apparent through their rather tight uniforms.

"Hey you're pretty cute!"

Shiori's eyes widened and she quickly put some distance between them, straightening up and putting up her guard.