⇒ chapter eight

ONCE THE PRACTICEmatch was over (Karasuno had won), Shiori quickly advanced to the kitchen

ONCE THE PRACTICE
match was over (Karasuno had won), Shiori quickly advanced to the kitchen. Her encounter with Oikawa had ended as soon as it began, as he got called back to the practice and Takeda-sensei also called Sugawara over. The gray-haired male given her one last look before walking off that told her that they would be talking later. She didn't know how to feel about the whole thing.

Once the teams departed, Aoba Johsai went straight to the cafeteria to eat the late lunch (practically dinner) the girl had prepared, and Karasuno changed and showered in the locker rooms.

"Kawamoto-san, do sit down with us while you wait for your team. The bus is going to get here a little later than planned anyways," their team coach told her, at a table with their other coach, Oikawa, and a few other players.

Shiori really did not want to sit down with them, but she was at their school so she had to play polite. After all, she wasn't a rude person, and so she complied, sitting down in the only empty seat available. Which was, by everything but coincedence, next to Oikawa Tooru.

So she chatted politely with them until their captain excused the both of them and took her by the wrist, leading her outside the school until they reached the gates.

"Shiori," he spoke firmly, letting go of her wrist and leaning up against the brick gate. "You don't have to feel bad about what happened. I get I was a little out of line, but I don't regret it."

She furrowed her eyebrows, looking up at him.

"What do you mean you don't regret it?" She looked away, trembling as she continued to speak. "I was just a summer fling to you anyways."

Now, it wasn't that Shiori felt hurt about such a thought because she had liked him. No, on the contrary, she had built such a good friendship with the boy that the thought of being just a summer fling or even object was devestating to her. She had never made such a good friend, ever. He knew about everything. From Hanae to volleyball to how she was to become a dietitan for the boys volleyball club at Karasuno High School. He knew things nobody else knew. It hurt. She was mad at him because she was hurt, and scared.

Oikawa frowned, annoyed, and quickly took her hand, placing it on his chest, exactly where his heart was located.

"You never let me confess properly to you that day, Shiori. I didn't just kiss you beacause you were just some summer fling."

The girl's breath was caught in her throat as the boy pushed some hair behind her ear. All of it was just too sweet. Not sweet like Sugawara, rather, sweet like when you have too much chocolate and you eventually, cannot stand the taste of it any longer. That's how she felt whenever he was in her presence. It was repulsive.

"I loved you, Shiori, and I still love you. The proof of my words is beneath where your hand lays. Please go out with me," he confessed, one hand now by his side and the other still on top of hers, clutching onto it for dear life.