Chapter 47

The picture in the MM is so important. In the year of 2014 so many black people got killed by white police for no reason, literally. I would rant and go on but I'm not trying to get in a bad mood tonight. But all I'm gonna say is, it's scary knowing that one day my kids are going to have to live in a world with so much stupidity. In 2014 we shouldn't have to deal with any of this. I just want everybody to know BLACK PEOPLE MATTER TOO! We don't get treated equally and it's not fair at all. White people get treated as if they're superior and once it's not fair. I'm gonna' say this one more time and I'm done "BLACK PEOPLE MATTER TOO!"

Malorie S.

"A boy. It's a boy." Dr. Webb smiled.

"I told you!" I smiled deeply through the iPad camera at Aug.

I could see him smiling as he nodded. "You did tell me, my little man gone be pulling all the hoes."

"Excuse me?" I said.

His smiled dropped. "I meant Cheerios. Yea, he gone love cereal."

I laughed and shook my head.

"Bye Dr. Webb." I said pulling down my shirt.

"Enjoy your day, your prescription for the pain medication will be with the receptionist." He said

I nodded and ended my FaceTime call with Aug, before stopping by he front desk and getting my prescription.

A hour later I found myself at the studio with Chris.

"Hey guys." I smiled walking in.

"Damn cuz, yo' belly starting to poke." Chris laughed giving her a hug .

"I know." I laughed.

"Cole, this Malorie , my songwriter." He said moving out the way so I could see who was behind him.

I was surprised to see the one and only J. Cole. He's really a big favorite of mine, and is been rocking with him since the beginning. I remember I used to visit my cousins in NC during the summer and he'd be doing shows in small clubs, we'd sneak out just to see him. I once even got his autograph.

"They're was no need for introduction , I know exactly who he is." I said smiling.

"I heard a lot of good shit about you." He smirked. "I know you August girl and all that but I heard about yo' bomb ass writing skills." He said before taking a pull of his blunt.

"I'm pretty good." I smirked.

He nodded and smiled handing me a book.

"Turn to page 26." He said.

I did as told and seen at the top he had wrote a title "Wet Dreamz" .

I read some of the lyrics and got the feel of the song.

"I kinda like this." I said. "It could be better."

"How you figure?" He asked.

"You need to tell a story with it. People love when you tell a story cause you speak the truth." I said.

He nodded while looking at his book.

"Now you sit in that corner, write like you would usually write and tell me when your finished. In the meantime I'll be with Chris." I said.

"Yes mam." He said causing me to laugh before walking over and sitting beside Chris.

"What you working on?" I asked.

"Nothin' really , I just need you to record me while I sing this feature for Omarion song 'Post to Be.'. " He said.

I nodded and waited for him to get set up in the booth.

-

"Are you hungry baby?" My mama asked.

I nodded before giving her and my daddy a hug at the same time.

"You ain't came to see us in like two weeks." Daddy said .

"I'm so sorry, I've been busy with work and baby appointments." I said.

"Wasn't today the day you found out the gender.?" My mama asked.

I nodded before smiling.

"Well?"

"It's a boy." I smiled

"Awee, I'm about to have a little grandson." She cooed placing her hands on my stomach.

"When does August come off of tour?" Daddy asked.

"Next week, thankfully. I be having withdrawals." I laughed.

"Adrian loves August." My mama laughed referring to my brother. "Speaking of him he hasn't been by in a couple days."

"I just seem him yesterday, since August was home then." I said.

"When he comes back home bring him by here." My daddy said.

I nodded before beginning to fix my plate . My mama had just threw down in the kitchen. Fried Chicken, Baked Macaroni, Collard Greens, Homemade Biscuits, Mashed Potatoes and Meatloaf. Plus daddy made Tea.

Of course my pregnant ass got a whole lot of everything besides Collards cause I don't eat those.

"I talked to my doctor yesterday." My mama said after she finished saying grace.

My mom has been battling Breast Cancer for a long while and they said she only had 5 years to live. But she's been living with it for about 2 years now.

Me and daddy looked up at the same time. "What she say?" I asked.

"They want me to come in Thursday to do some checkup work. It's possible that the cancer has spread." She sighed.

I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes. My eyes filled with tears as I tried to keep them from falling.

I heard my mom sobbing as well as my daddy rubbed her back.

"I wanna' live to see my grandbaby." She cried into my daddy's chest.

"It's okay mommy." I said wiping my tears and going over to hug her.

I have to strong for me and my baby boy.

"You go home and get some rest princess, I'll take care of April. " He said.

"You sure?" I asked.

He nodded. I sighed and gave both of them kisses on the cheek before leaving the house.

I hopped in my Audi and began to drive as my mind drifted off to how crazy my life was at the time.

I'm engaged , beginning to plan a wedding, preparing a nursery, working , dealing with a crazy ass stalker, trying to keep my family happy and praying for my mothers health. There's a lot on my plate . And let's not mention I'm pregnant through all of this meaning my emotions are all over the place.

In less than 5 seconds my whole life flashed in front of me as a I heard thousands of horns go off.

I felt a hard slam to the back and front of my car sending me to fly all the way into the passenger seat as the windshield shattered all over me. I felt a sharp pain in my right side causing me to scream and whine.

My body started feeling numb as my eyes started getting low.

--------

So...

It's a boy!

Poor Mally, hopefully she okay.

And hopefully her April .(her mama) is too.

I love y'all, Keep it Trill ❤️✊