Chapter 45

Malorie S.

"You excited?" I asked as Aug buttoned up his shirt.

"Yea, I'm finally getting to go to a baby appointment live." He smiled.

I stood in front of our body length mirror and turned to the side seeing my baby bump. I felt my self tear up as I smiled.

There was life inside of me. How beautiful is that ?

"You so cute ma." August said before walking over and rubbing my belly. "Yo ass cryin' Mal?"

"I can't help it." I said wiping some of the tears away with my finger.

"Why you cryin'.l?" He asked grabbing my hands.

"It's so beautiful. I have a real person inside me. Look!" I pointed to my bump.

He laughed and nodded. "I see Malorie, I see."

He probably think I'm extra. But whatever.

-

My phone rung as me and August waited in the waiting room for our name to get called.

"Hello?" I answered lowly.

"Hey sis, where you been? I need some smash hits." Trey said.

I laughed a little. "I'm yours whenever. Just give me a call."

"How about tomorrow at 3.?" He asked,

"That'll definitely work." I replied.

"Aight, see you then. Tell Aug I said hey and keep my niece or nephew safe." He said.

"Okay , Buh bye." I said.

"Bye." He said before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Aug asked.

"Trey. He needs me to write a song for him." I smiled.

"Speaking of songs. When you gone write me one, I mean....you are my songwriter." I said.

I stayed quiet. I didn't feel comfortable writing songs for August anymore ever since he told me I was bad songwriter. That really broke my spirit down a bit.

"Mal, why you not responding to me?" He asked.

"Ever since that day you told me how much of a horrible songwriter I am, I just don't feel comfortable writing for you." I said.

"You for real ?" He said kinda laughing in the midst.

"You think it's funny?" I snapped.

"Yea why you still holding on to old shit? You know I was mad at the time I said it so I didn't mean it." He laughed.

"I hold on to a lot of old shit because you never apologize for shit that you do. A simple sorry isn't always the answer." I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"I'm just saying. Showing your sorry for all the shit you've done would be nice." I scoffed.

"You just mad cause I hurt yo' feelings once or twice.? I've done plenty other shit to my past girls that I've never done to you. Be thankful." He scoffed back.

"Here's a difference. I'm a grown ass woman. Not a girl." I said.

"Malorie Simmons." The nurse said. Perfect timing.

Me and August both got up and he followed me as I followed the nurse to our room.

I turned right and seen Dr. Webb sitting there with a smirk on his face.