06: The Invitation

Hey! Long time no upload, huh? Even though this is currently on hold, I got inspired to write this chapter. Enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

                We're friends, right?

                I typed the words into the small text box and clicked send, immediately regretting it. We were having a lovely conversation about childhood memories and I had to ruin it be bringing up an awkward topic. What if he doesn't consider me a friend? It's not like I consider him one of mine...ok, maybe recently I have, but that's not the point. If I was a sane, mentally stable person, I wouldn't consider a stranger on the internet a friend. Zayn may think that I'm an eighty-five year old paedophile for all I know.

                I reached across my bed for my packet of crisps and stuffed two or three in my mouth as I waited for my reply, which will probably be an excuse to stop talking to me.

                Yep xx

                That was his reply. There were so many things that I could analyse about it. Like, how he casually responded 'Yep' instead of saying something among the lines of 'Um...sure...I guess you could say that'. Or the fact that he put not one, but two 'x's to finish. But I decided not to spend the night frying my brain. I'm officially Zayn's friend. This is good. This is progress. All I have to do now is eliminate Perrie from the equation and he's all mine...unless I get friend-zoned. But If that's the outcome, at least I could become good friends with Zayn and hang out with him often.

                I finished off the crisps, put the scrunched up packaging in the bin and rubbed my hands together to clean my hands from all the grains of salt and barbecue flavouring. Half a month ago, I would've been lying on the floor crying tears of joy after what Zayn said, but this has become a usual thing, and I've lost my fangirl qualities.

                I glanced at my bed-side clock, which read 6:30am, meaning that in just an hour and a half I will be in Mr. Cohen's classroom with my assignment still absent. I decided to at least get myself dressed and eat breakfast so I won’t have to worry about those simple tasks five minutes before the school bell is due. I threw my grey T-shirt across the room and reached for my crisp, white, button down shirt and fitted it around my shoulders. Before I could step into my skirt I noticed on my computer screen that I had a new message from Zayn.

                Are you free this weekend?

                Come again? Is he about to invite me somewhere? That's a pretty dumb move for someone like Zayn, meeting up with random people on the internet. But then again, I left my history assignment until the final due date and I still haven't started it. And besides, I would meet up with Zayn any day.

                Yes

                My body quivered with excitement as I was possibly about to meet Zayn Malik, my idol.

                I'm going to be in Bradford for the next week. Since Leeds is only a few minutes away, I was wondering if you wanted to come hang out with me in Bradford.

                So not only am I going to escape the mayhem that is Leeds and experience a new town, I'm going to hang out with Zayn Malik. Could these plans honestly get any better?

                Sure, sounds like a plan :)

                We discussed details for the trip for about ten minutes before I realised that I only had forty five minutes left to get ready. I farewelled Zayn and continued getting dressed. . I went downstairs and fixed myself a bowl of Weetabix, which happens to be both Zayn and I's favourite breakfast cereal. I know, we're made for each other.