10: The PE Incident

Yay an early(ish) update!

Okay I should've said this earlier but this is basically 'Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging' with a few twists.  It's just a bit of fun so don't take it too seriously. 

Enjoy!

----------------------------------

                As you would expect, when I broke the news we almost swerved off the road and crashed into a tree. But by the time we’d got back to the motel, packed up our belongings, checked out and drove back to Leeds, we’d managed to compose ourselves.

                Mum and Dad welcomed me back with open arms. It was unexpectedly easy to persuade them to let me go. I left out the detail of meeting Zayn because that would’ve seemed implausible, and if for some outrageous reason they bought it, it would’ve led to the question ‘why’. And explaining that I’d talked to him over the internet wasn’t going to receive a positive response, no matter how many times I could tell them that his account is verified.

                So instead, we went with the simple explanation that we were just going for a girl’s weekend. We’d acquired the money by merging all our savings together. I had some extra quid that I’d earned when I was working as a clerk still lying around (While I was taking the money out it occurred to me that I really ought to find a new job).

                School on Monday was normal. Everyone chattered in the hallways about how good their weekend was, but in comparison to mine they would’ve been a bore. Although I wanted to scream and boast about it, I knew it was best to keep my mouth shut. I didn’t want the story to leak and Zayn’s reputation to ruin. While he kissing me was an unforseen mistake which was meant to be ‘forgotten’ and never repeated in the future, I was still ecstatic over the fact that it had happened. And the fact that there was something about me that compelled him to do so made my heart warm.

                I handed in my history assignment with a victorious grin. Mr. Cohen’s face could only be described as disbelief. I received my mark the following day. A ‘C-‘. While I didn’t rank at the top of the class I was still happy with my score. Nothing was going to fade out my constant glow.

                Tuesday afternoon meant P.E; a perfect invitation to use up all my excess energy I’d obtained from all the excitement. Lani, Kate and I placed our P.E bags on a wooden bench in the middle of the changing room.

                “So what was it like, exactly?” Lani wondered

                The analysis of events that led up to the kiss had still not stopped. It was like we were those men in suits, discussing the football game minute by minute and throwing in statistics which don’t mean anything to anyone except some bloke on his couch who has dedicated his entire life to the game. 

                We’d moved on from the conversation between Zayn and I that occurred prior, and were now in the process of discussing the main action.

                “How do I even begin to answer that question?” I said “like, seriously, it was amazing.” I didn’t like the fact that amazing was the only adjective that could come to mind, but I was still so influenced by the initial surprise that I failed to think up of a more colourful description.

                “How amazing?” Kate pressed as she rolled up a knee high sock with a navy stripe.

                “Double with knobs. His lips were just so soft and,” I continued rambling on, not really caring whether my best friends genuinely cared about my descriptions. If there was anyone in that change room sad enough to eavesdrop on our conversation they would’ve assumed I was talking about any old local twit. But how wrong they were. I was talking about Zayn Malik. Zayn Malik of One Direction; the biggest boyband in the world.