11: The Plan

like every chapter I post on here, this is unedited. 

-------------------------------------------

My phone sat on my bed, half buried under a variety of blankets and pillows. I had my laptop open, trying to complete some English homework for once (although I may have sneakily had social networking open in another tab). I tried to conjure reasonable answers to questions about the book we were studying, but my mind was far elsewhere.

                It was Friday, and Zayn still hadn’t called.

                I’d tried two extra times to contact him via twitter, but neither attempts succeeded. I wondered if he was ignoring me on purpose. Was I really that bad of a kisser? I furrowed my brow and sat silent for a moment.

                The kiss sure did make our friendship awkward. I mean, could we even be the same as we used to? It struck me that if we weren’t able to move past the mistake, our friendship could be over.

                I shut my laptop immediately and strode over to my bedroom window. Football training had finished half an hour ago, so there was nothing to look at but damp grass. I never wanted to stop talking to Zayn. I never wanted to log onto twitter and return to being just a normal fan amongst millions of others, desperately trying to get one of the boys to notice me. I never wanted for all this to end.

                I snuck an extra glance at my phone; still in the same position. Still silent.

*                                                        *                                                          *

                The doorbell rang, and I wasn’t particularly ecstatic to answer it. I groaned into a couch cushion. It was mum and dad’s anniversary, so of course they’d gone out. Georgia was up in her room, still listening to that Katy Perry song that she could never seem to get enough of. And I was nested on the couch, watching comedy on E4 while inwardly debating if I should finish the last paragraph of my English essay.

                I waited for a few seconds before finally accepting that I was the only one in the position to answer it. I huffed as I eased off the couch, probably more fussed about leaving the nest of blankets I’d settled into rather than missing a few minutes of the show I wasn’t entirely getting into.

                When I pulled back the door, completely dismissing my parent’s advice to always peer through the peep hole first, the look on my face was an example of pure annoyance. Before me, stood Lani and Kate in anticipation, as if they were planning on surprising me. Not wishing for them to realise that I was not in the best of moods, I applied a fake smile to my face and prayed it would deceive them.

                “I didn’t know you two were coming.” I said cheerfully, attempting to hide the bitter mood that still lingered slightly. I glanced down and realised they were each holding a small duffle bag.

                “Surprise?” Kate said, holding up her hands questionably as she wasn’t sure that it was entirely true. There wasn’t much of a shock moment when I first saw them standing there, and I don’t doubt they were hoping for it.

                “We bought our sleeping bags.” Lani offered, holding hers out

                There was a silence. If my two best friends didn’t know me as well as they did, I’m guessing they would’ve presumed that I didn’t want them around. But they knew that they weren’t the source of the problem; I was always up for having friends over. This was something ultimately different.