The red thread

*1st May 2020        *08.31 AM
*This is the end, people. I'll be busier next week and I don't want to put a hold on this story any longer than it is now. So... here it is. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Third-person POV

Dew dials Shin's new number on his phone. He is sitting on the couch with his friends anxiously waiting for Shin to answer his phone.

"Hello?" Shin picks up his phone. 

"Hi, Shin. This is Dew."

"Hi, Dew." Shin greets Dew softly.

"I was being told that you want to meet me today? Before your flight?"

Shin takes a deep breath. "Yeah, that's the plan."

"Then why..."

"There are pieces of puzzles about us in my memories. I thought I'll try the therapy and if it helps me to remember everything, then I plan to clarify it with you. I remember we had a relationship before but I have no clue what happened to us. Did we broke-up, Dew?"

Dew stays silent as he tries to calm himself. He wipes his tears and takes a deep breath before answering Shin's question.

"Yes. I'm so sorry." Dew can't find any words to explain or tell Shin about his real feeling.

Shin runs his palm over his face. "When I remember those fragments, I thought my brain is playing a trick on me. But then I heard your answer, and I thought maybe this is the best for us."

"What answer?" Dew asks in confusion.

"There is nothing between us. It is what it is." Shin bitterly answered.

"What? Oh my god! Shin, I want to see you now. No, I need to see you. Wait for me." Dew stands up in a hurry and frantically looks for his car key.

"I have to go now. They have already made the announcement. Take care, Dew."

Dew stops at his front door as Shin cut the call. He turns to look at his friends before he drops on the floor.

"Dew! What happened?" Ren asks as he and Leo help Dew to stand up and takes him to sit on the couch. 

"Shin. He... He remembers about our break-up." Dew's eyes look so lost. "It is what it is. Shin heard that."

"What? How..." Pum runs back to the front door and comes back to his friends with a pale face.

"I didn't close the door properly. He must have heard us. God! What have I done?" Pum sits on the couch beside Dew.

"Dew, I'm so sorry. I..."

"No, it's not entirely your fault. Shin remembers. It can't be avoided." Dew cuts Pum's words.

"I will go with him." Dew suddenly says.

"You can't. As much as I want to help you, I won't let you destroy your future. The classes will start next week. You can't skip it." Ren sternly reminds Dew.

Dew sits on the couch while leaning on his back. He can feel his eyes stung, so he covers his eyes with the back of his hands. He lets out a deep sigh and said, "I'm tired. I'll get some sleep. Lock the door when you leave."

Leo and Pum look at Ren. Ren stands up and pats Dew on his shoulder before walks out of the apartment and locks it with a spare key.

"Is it okay to leave him alone?" Leo asks Ren the moment he shut the door.