The Sister Bond

After 1 victory, everything seemed brighter. after a long office day, Cassie went home feeling more gleeful than ever and when she opened the door she dropped her bags and started carelessly dancing around her apartment, singing and humming. What a fairy tale. Emily walks into the room and immediately freezes. She hadn't seen her sister like this since they were young and I mean really young. So seeing her sister like this either meant A. She had gone crazy B. This wasn't her sister or C. All of the above. Cassie sees her sister and grabs her by the hand and forces her to dance with her. Ah, Bonding at it's best. Soon the sisters stop and they start laughing.

"What's put you in such a good mood."
"Just everything is finally okay."

After a while, they go out into the balcony sit around a fire while looking off into the night sky. Emily looks at Cassie which catches her attention.

"What?"
"I miss the time when we were like this. It's been a hot minute since you and I hung out like this."
"I know and I'm sorry. You and I are like the same people at one point but then different in the next and you had a life that I admired... lots of friends, parties, event but you also had top grades in everything, then you got your scholarship. After seeing how far you were going, I felt like I hard to work harder. Then Dad passed away, and I gave up on wanting a life like yours, so I cut myself off from every distraction."
"Did that include me?"
"... you were a reminder of that I can't have what you have, so when I moved to New York, it was supposed to be a fresh start to have my own life."
"Let me guess that didn't quite work out."
"No kidding."
"Cassie, Dad would've been so proud no matter what you wanted to do. Plus you don't want to have my life, trust me because your life is already amazing."
"Thanks, Em."
"Also"
"Yeah,"
"I didn't think Joey was " the one" anyway."

Planting the seed for her to move on. *wink*
Cassie laughs and says,

"Good job he didn't propose then."

They become silent as they continue to look out into the city until Emily has a confession to make.

"Cassie,"
"Yeah."

She changes what she was about to say... she's definitely hiding something.

"Nothing, goodnight."
"Goodnight"

Cassie goes to bed, while Emily is left thinking. As much as she is trying to hide her problems, she doesn't want to dump them on her sister, especially after seeing her be happy after so long.