1.4 - Tragedy

It'd been a few weeks, three days past Christmas, and Luke's YouTube channel has been growing steadily, subscribers coming and going, video views rising slowly. But one thing that probably wasn ruining it for him was that he hadn't uploaded a new video since the Q and A. Bad move on him. He's been getting constant tweets from people asking when he'll have a new video up, but he doesn't know what video he'll do.

At least he and Marisela were finally talking again, they started chatting two weeks ago, a day before winter break, when Marisela had texted him during lunch even though they were only a few tables down from eachother. She'd made multiple friends since the incident of Luke blacking out, and he still hasn't even talked to one person unless it were for school work. It was sad really.

"Marisela it's so nice to see you!" Liz squealed, pulling her into a bone-crushing hug and Marisela simply hugged back with a small smile on her face, cheeks heating up and spreading laces of pink across her cheeks in a blush.

"Nice to see you, too." She whispered politely, stepping away from Liz once she was released from her grasp.

"Where've you been honey?"

"Uh, well, I've been super busy with school work and it's been a hectic last," she tried to remember how long it'd been. "Two weeks."

"Aw, well how long will you be staying?" Liz asked, motioning over to the hand bag on Marisela'a shoulder, the same brown bag she'd had the day she met Luke.

Maybe she only has one bag, Luke thought.

"For a few hours, then I need to head home and work on something for school. Luke's helping me with something that's due tomorrow. It's crazy, how quickly we're going back to school." Marisela responded, and Luke shifted awkwardly on each feet, waiting for the two's conversation to end.

"Well I hope you enjoy your last Sunday of Twenty-Fourteen."

"Yeah, you, too." The women shared a smile and then Marisela had finally decided to join Luke on the walk to his bedroom.

"So," Luke trailed off, sitting on his desk-chair, pushing himself in circles on the spinny chair.

"So." Marisela whispered, standing by his door awkwardly, closing it behind her.

"So, what did you need help with?" He asks her, placing his feet firmly on the ground to stop the spinning and he watched as she trudged towards him and placed her bag onto the desk next to him, pulling out her black, tattered notebook that their english teacher gave them.

"In english we're working on that weird journal entry thing at least once a week, you of course know that, I watched you write in yours everyday-"

"You watched me?" He raised both of his eyebrows and chuckled, shaking his head back in forth with a look of disbelief buried in his eyes. "Sounds a bit creepy."

"Yeah, well I had nothing else to do." She spoke back calmly, trying not to sound insulted. "And the stupid teacher is threatening to pull down my mark by fifteen percent because I haven't wrote an entry since I've joined the school, but it was only three entries that I haven't written! I mean, we write in it once a week and all of you have been doing it since September so you're used to it, why-"

Luke raised his right hand to silence her and she pursed her lips, stopping her rambling. "We write in it once a week, meaning you should have enough time to write three simple journal entries. The next one is due tomorrow. And I suspect that she expects them all done by then, so you really should get started. All you need to write about is something you feel deeply about, it can be anything, but make it five pages each. It's simple." He spoke, a hint of annoyance in his voice.