22

2 chapters in 1 because it has been 3 years lol. 

It took a minute but with a loud thud, Courtney fell back onto her grey sofa, blowing an errant strand of hair that had escaped her scrunchie off her face as she threw the mop down on the floor beside her, removing the bright yellow marigolds that she had over her recently manicured hands and let out a huge sigh. As much as she enjoyed spring cleaning, it always took a lot out of her, especially in this heat. London was unusually hot for Summer and Courtney could feel her clothes sticking to her with from perspiration as she laid her head on one of her sofa pillows she had propped up against the arm of the chair.

'I need to get a maid' she muttered to herself as she stared up at the blank white ceiling. She needed a hot shower and a takeaway. After a few minutes, she gradually peeled herself away from the sofa and stood to stretch, her arms reaching up to the ceiling before letting out a satisfied yell. Just as she was about to head to the bathroom she heard the buzzer go off, making her jump slightly. Walking over to the intercom, she rolled her eyes, a small smile playing on the corners of her lips, before pressing the button that allowed her to speak.

'What do you want Obi' she said, her voice deadpan

'Oh..so you want to start off by being rude? Open the door and let me in'

'I don't remember inviting you'

Courtney held back a small laugh as she watched Obi look around the keypad before finding the camera and looking straight into it, his face unnecessarily close.

'Courtney if you don't let me in I'll start making noise...inappropriate noise'

'You wouldn't -'

Before Courtney could even finish her sentence, Obi let out a slew of sexual moans so loud she could hear them without needing the intercom. Feeling heat rise to her cheeks, Courtney looked around the flat as if looking for something that could help her.

'Obi sto-'

'Oh Courtney!'

'OKAY!!' she shouted pressing the button that allowed entrance. Courtney turned away, not wanting to see the smug smiled that she knew would be on Obi's face and heard him chuckle as he entered before the intercom shut off. Leaving her front door unlocked, Courtney walked round to pick up her cleaning supplies, putting them into the cupboards as Obi walked in, a satisfied grin on his face as he closed and locked the door behind him.

'Hey wife' he said as he sat at one of the stools by the kitchen island, grabbing a grape from the fruit bowl in front of him, lazily popping it in his mouth.

'You're sick, do you know that?' Courtney threw a tea towel at him as she just watched Obi laugh and her hard mask fell as she smiled at him, rolling her eyes up to the ceiling. 

'What do you want anyways?'

'I wanted to say hello init'

'You can't call first?'

'What, I can't come and see a friend unexpectedly? Oh I forgot, those privileges are saved for certain man init' Obi retorted, giving Courtney a knowing smirk before looking back at the fruit bowl, assessing which grape to choose next. Courtney looked over at Obi, her eyes scanning her friend who popped another grape in his mouth before taking his phone out of his back pocket. Obi hadn't changed much since they were teenagers, he still held the same banter with everyone and enjoyed winding all around him up, especially Ricardo and Courtney. His chocolate skin seemed to become richer with age his dark chocolate skin seeming to always have a smoothness and shine to it. His jaw line had become sharper and chiseled through loosing weight and from his healthy gym routine. His muscles tensed underneath his light blue t-shirt which was sculpted to his body like a second skin.