5

The icy cold air slapped against my cheeks as I pulled up my cream coloured snood, burying my head further inside, wishing spring and summer would come quicker. My Doc Martins splashed in various puddles, making me twinge a little at the fact they hadn't fully broken in yet, and I shrugged, hitching my bag up further on my shoulder as I turned the corner to Renee's house. Reaching her house I jumped up the couple of steps and rang the doorbell waiting patiently looking around at the looming clouds. The door opened and I stood there in shock as Amy looked down at me.

'Hey' she said, her voice - not mean - but her face wasn't pleasant.

'Erm, hi' I said looking at her and wondering why she was at Renee's house at 7:30 in the morning. We stood there watching one another, her not saying a word and also not moving an inch away from the door in order to let me in; she even shut the door slightly as the wind blew.

'Ams, who is at the door?' I heard Renee ask, her voice getting louder as she approached the door. Ams? So we were on a nickname basis now.

'Your friend' she replied turning round and smiling at Renee as her face and body came into my view.

'Hey Courtney' she smiled, moving Amy out the way to give me a hug before dragging me inside. As per usual I hung up my coat on one of the hangers and watched as Amy walked into the kitchen - bare foot may I just add - and I turned to Renee once she was out of my view.

'I didn't know she'd be here' I said,

'Yeah she stayed over last night, that's why I didn't respond to your message' she replied, her eyes big with concern.

'She stayed? Why?' I asked, unable to remove the shock from my voice, but instead of an actual response Renee just shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly and sighed, making me itch my scalp in irritation.

'Are you okay Courtney?' she questioned placing a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her, and felt bad instantly when I saw her face change from my icy glare. I sighed and smiled at her shaking my head,

'It's fine - I'm fine. I just really needed you there last night Renee'

'I know and I'm sorry, I should have really responded and told you Amy was around, but you know I just didn't want it to be a thing where she knew your business' she said apologetically, hugging me and making me smile.

'It's okay' I replied smiling back,

'Good, our main fridge is broken at the moment but I left some breakfast upstairs in the game room's fridge, you can use the microwave in there as well if you want' she suggested. I nodded and made my way upstairs and noticed her; as she made her way back to the kitchen, hearing their voices and endless chatter as I made my way up stairs. Something didn't sit right with me and I guess you could call it jealously. I've never had to share Renee, she's always been there for me and only me, so now to see her with Amy - who had never seemed to leave her side the past week or so, it was starting to make me wonder how things were going to change and most importantly, was I ready for it? Walking into the game room, I heard the soft sound of Drake coming from the speakers in the game room and I instantly felt a knot tie in my stomach. Pushing open the door I noticed Tyrese sitting on the pool table - something he clearly wasn't allowed to do as he jumped off it as soon as he heard the door. I smirked a little as he turned around quickly looking at me and sighing with relief.

'I thought you were Renee' he said, placing papers down on the pool table. I smiled and waved a little before closing the door behind me and walking over to the mini fridge, feeling his eyes on me as I walked past him.

'You eating up here?' he asked, moving towards me and grabbing an apple from another fruit bowl of many they had in this house, that was situated next to the microwave as I put my food in there for 3 minutes. I turned to face him to say no but then thinking about and suddenly hearing Amy's laughter from downstairs made me stop - her presence made me feel uncomfortable as if she were judging me constantly, something I'd rather not have being done when I'm stuffing my face with turkey bacon.