The Forbidden Affair Chapter 20 (The Last Chapter)

Chapter 20

            After Matthew and I broke up things weren’t the same. We stopped talking to each other which broke my heart. I hated how we were pretending like none of this ever happened and that we never fell in love with each other. I was still in love with him and I couldn’t pretend that I wasn’t. I tried so hard to forget about him and to not be in love with him but I couldn’t. I knew that he was the one for me and I couldn’t just forget about him. We are meant for each other and not meant to be apart and it makes me mad that some people can’t see that. Well my relationship with my parents kind of sucks now. We haven’t talked to each other in a while since I moved out of the house. Kathleen let me stay with her and her parents since I didn’t want to be in the same house with my parents. Even though we aren’t in speaking terms they were still happy that Matthew and I broke up. They thought he wasn’t good for me since he was older than me and was only with me to take advantage of me. They were wrong because he was good for me and wasn’t taking advantage of me. Eden and I still talked to each other which is good because she would tell me how Matthew was doing and she helped me out with the whole break up. She told me that Matthew was feeling the same was as me. He was depressed and was always locked in his house watching TV. She worried about him because she didn’t want him to go back to his old ways and relapse. It worried me too because I didn’t want him to relapse. He was doing good staying sober and I didn’t want him to stray off into his old ways. Well summer break was coming to an end I had to get ready to move to New York. Kathleen decided to move with me since she was going to go to school in New York too. I was happy that she was because I wasn’t going to be alone in New York. Ever since the big argument that Lindsay and I had she decided not to go to New York with me so I was going to be alone. But Kathleen agreed to go with me since she wanted to move back there and go to school there. So since Lindsay wasn’t going to go to New York with me I heard though my parents that she was going to go to Paris with her friend. So thankfully I wasn’t going to see her for a long time which was good. Well today is my last day in Beverly Hills so I had to say good bye to everyone before it was too late. I had dinner with my parents the night before and I had lunch with Eden earlier today. I wanted to see Matthew again before I leave because I wasn’t going to see him for a while which isn’t good. I know we aren’t together anymore and that I shouldn’t be worrying about seeing him but I just had to see him again. I tried calling him and texting him but he didn’t answer his phone. I had Eden call him to let him know that tomorrow I will be on the flight to New York and that I wanted to see him before the day is over. But I didn’t hear from her so I guess she couldn’t reach him either. Well I went to bed early so I could wakeup for tomorrow. The flight was early so I needed to get as much sleep as I could. The whole time I was lying down in bed, I kept thinking about Matthew and if I would ever see him again. I hoped that I would because if I didn’t see him before I got on the plane I probably wouldn’t see him for a long time. Well tomorrow finally arrived and I didn’t get any sleep. But I had to keep on moving since the flight to New York was at eight. Kathleen and I got ready and when we were done we got in her parents car and they drove us to LAX. The whole time Kathleen tried to make me feel better since I was feeling so sad that I didn’t get a chance to see Matthew again. She kind of helped but I still felt sad. After a while we finally made it to LAX and got our things out of the trunk. We said good bye to Kathleen’s parents and walked inside so we could go to the terminal. We checked our bags in and waited for the plane to come so we could go. I started to play with my phone and got a message from Eden asking if I was still waiting for the flight to New York and I said yes. I didn’t get a response from her which confused me but I guess she was busy. I heard the lady over the speaker say that the plane was here and that it was ready to be boarded. I got up and put my bag over my shoulder so I could get on the plane. Before I walked down the hallway I heard a familiar voice yell out my name. “Alyssa!”