The Forbidden Affair Chapter 7

Chapter 7

            The weekend went by slow for me which sucked. The whole time I thought about Matthew and tried to find the words to say to him on Monday. Plus Monday was the only day of school that week because thanksgiving break started on Tuesday. I don't know why they made us go to school on Monday but I'm kind of glad because I won't be able to see Matthew after Monday. Well Monday finally came and the whole time I begged Kathleen to help me come up with something to say to him. She helped me out a lot which was great. And she also tried to calm down my nerves because I was really nervous. Well fourth period came and the whole time Matthew avoided me. I was a little upset because it seemed like he hated me or something. But I did have a second chance to speak with him because I had fifth period with him. After lunch Kathleen and I walked back to Matthew's classroom. He was at his desk looking at his MacBook. I wanted to talk to him but I decided to speak to him after school because I would have more time. Well class started and Matthew brought a movie for us to watch. It was the same movie I watched in his fourth period class but I didn't care. Well the bell rang and fifth period was over. Everyone got up and left the classroom to start their Thanksgiving break. Kathleen told me that she was going to leave and that I could come over to her house so I could spend the night. After she left I walked up to Matthew and decided to speak to him. “Matthew, can I talk to you for a second?” I asked him.

                        “We won't have time to practice your song.” He admitted as he cleaned off his desk.

                        “I just wanted to talk to you about what happened on Friday.”

                        “Just forget about what happened on Friday.”

                        “But I can't Matthew. Can we please talk about it? It's been bothering me all weekend.”

            Matthew looked at me and sighed. “Fine. Come with me to my office.” He admitted as he began to walk to the other room. We arrived at his office and sat down on the chairs.

                        “Look I just want to say I enjoyed the kiss a lot and I enjoy being with you. I really want to hang out with you outside of school so we can get to know each other and maybe start dating. I really like you a lot Matthew I really do. I just wish you would want to be with me like I want to be with you.” I admitted softly to him.

            He sighed and starched his head. “Alyssa, I wish I shouldn't have kissed you and told you all what I said. I'm sorry but I don't think it would work. And I don't want to hurt you.”

                        “You won't hurt me. You are a sweet kind man and I know you won't try to hurt me. That's like the last thing on your mind. I know you want to be with me but you're just scared...”

                        “I am. I'm risking a lot if I be with you. I could lose my job and worse I could go to jail.”

                        “Yeah I know. I knew you would say that. But the good thing is I'm turning eighteen next month so you won't go to jail because I would be an adult.”

                        “I don't know Alyssa. Your age and you being my student isn't the only reason why we shouldn't be together.”

                        “What is it Matt? You can tell me. I mean you can tell me anything.”

                        “I can't. You shouldn't be with me though. I would be bad for you.”