The Forbidden Affair Chapter 10

Chapter 10

            The next day was the Winter Extravaganza. I was so nervous about it since it was my first performance in front of a huge crowd of people. I just hoped that I would do well so I could make Matthew and my parents proud of me. Well around four I drove over to the school so Matthew and I could practice the song before it was show time. The Extravaganza started at five so I had about thirty minutes to practice because at four thirty I had to be in the auditorium. When we were done practicing he gave me a hug and a kiss and assured me that I would do well. We walked over to the auditorium and he stayed with me for a little bit backstage. I told him how nervous I was and he kept reassuring me that everything was going to be fine and just have fun. When it was almost five he left backstage so he could go to his seat and watched me. The whole time I was backstage I waited for my turn. I walked around and did some voice exercises before I went up on stage. My hands were shaking rapidly since I was so nervous. But I remembered what Matthew said and I began to calm down. One of the singing teacher’s called my named and said that I was going up right now so I walked up on the stairs that lead to the stage. When the person ahead of me was finished and the announcer called my name I walked up on the stage and smiled softly. I heard a lot of people cheered for me which surprised me since I wasn’t really a popular person in school. But it did feel good though since I guess people did like me. I started to sing the song and as I did I looked for Matthew. I finally found him sitting in the front row with a smile on his face. It made me happy since it looked like he loved my performance. When I was finished with the song everyone clapped for me and I bowed for everyone. I saw Matthew standing up and clapping loudly for me which made me form a huge smile on my face. I left the stage and a lot of people greeted me and told me that I did an amazing job. As I walked down the corridor backstage I heard Kathleen and my family call my name. I ran up to Kathleen and she hugged me tightly for a while. “You were so amazing up there. I’m so proud of you best friend.” She chanted as she hugged me.

                        “Thank you so much best friend. I was so nervous.”

                        “But you were so great up there. It looked like you were having so much fun and like you belonged up there.”

                        “Well thank you.” I chanted as let go of her so I could hug my parents.

                        “Good job sweetheart you were so good.” My mother and father admitted as they hugged me and gave me roses.

                        “Thanks mom and dad.”

                        “You’re welcome.”

                        “Where’s Lindsay?” I asked. I didn’t know why I asked anyways since Lindsay and I haven’t seen eye to eye for a while.

                        “She’s still watching the show.” My father admitted.

                        “Oh okay. Well I guess we should go and watch the show.” I replied as I walked with Kathleen to the seats. My parents walked behind us so I had to whisper to Kathleen about Matthew. “You think we could sit with Matthew?”

                        “Yeah I think so. There was a chair open next to him.”

                        “Okay. I’m going to talk to him.” I admitted as I walked off. I saw him sitting in the front row looking at his phone since it was intermission. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder softly and he looked up at me and smiled as he got up to hug me.