The Forbidden Affair Chapter 1

Chapter 1

            It was the end of summer and everyone was going back to school. I really didn’t want to go back since I hated it. I hated being there since all of the students that go there are stuck up and think they know everything. Because of that I mostly stay to myself since I don’t want to be bothered by annoying stuck up people. I go to a private school since I am a pretty creative person. My parents thought it would be best for me to go to a private school instead of a public school because they don’t really teach that much of the arts and singing. The school I go to is in Beverly Hills and its called The Beverly Hills Performing Arts Academy. It’s a pretty nice and big school that’s in the heart of Beverly Hills. BHPAA is known for teaching students that has an interest in singing, acting, writing, drawing, and playing instruments. It’s a pretty musical place since the hallways are filled with singing and music. Other parts of the hallways are filled with great actors and artists that were destined to be big in Hollywood and New York. I went to BHPAA all four years. I guess it was good that I did since I grew in my talent. I went to BHPAA to become a songwriter. At first my main reason to go there was to become a singer but in my second year of singing class my teacher told me that I shouldn't be a singer since my voice was horrible. It really hurt me when she admitted that. I cried for weeks because it really did break my heart hearing that I wasn't good at something I loved to do. So I dropped out of the singing program and decided to become a songwriter. I thought that maybe I could create songs for singers instead of singing my songs myself. I knew it wasn't going to be the same since I loved to sing but I guess it's better than nothing. Well I took many writing classes and also acting classes just for fun. This year I'm only taking four classes since I accumulated a lot of credits so I could get early dismissal. Well the school system is pretty easy and explainable. We have to pick at least one interest we are into and then after that we had to pick the outside curriculum classes that weren't what we are interested in. Basically the stuff the state wants us to learn like science, math, history, and geography. Well like I said before I didn’t really hang out with anyone at school. I used to hang out with my cousin Lindsay before she started hanging out with the elite group in school. The elite group was the people that were the prettiest, popular, and most talented people in BHPAA. Lindsay was one of the best singers in BHPAA and also she was very beautiful so it was no problem for her to join the elite group. Me on the other hand was not popular, pretty, and wasn’t as talented as Lindsay. So I was stuck by being a loner everyday at school. But I didn’t mind though because it was kind of nice being alone. I didn’t have to deal with any drama or worry about if the person I’m hanging out with likes me and wants to continue being my friend. It was great being in a stress free environment without anyone to cause any drama. Well back to my cousin Lindsay. I was upset but I had to move on from it was her choice. Plus I see her everyday at home because she lives with me and my parents. Her parents died when she was fifteen in a plane crash. They wanted my parents to take care of her if anything bad happen to them since they were close. I felt really bad for Lindsay since she lost her parents unexpectedly. I tried my best to help her get better from it because I could tell that she was hurting really bad from it. She did say that I helped her a lot during that time and she always thank me for being there for her. During that time we bonded really well and became more than cousins. We became like sisters. So when she decided to hang out with the elite group instead of with me it did kind of break my heart since we were so close. I felt like she deserted me for someone else. But I guess she needed some space since next year we are moving to New York together to go to a performing arts university. I couldn’t wait for that because we get to be together every day and I didn’t have to lose her to that stupid elite group. Well anyways I was so happy that it was my senior year. I couldn’t wait to graduate from BHPAA and move to New York in the summer. And also I was going to turn eighteen towards the end of the school year which was amazing. I couldn’t wait to turn eighteen since I will be an adult instead of a little kid. I was tired of being a kid and was ready to take some responsibility and be independently from my parents. I mean I was ready to be out on my own and I couldn’t wait to experience that. I just had about ten months until that time comes. Well I got up from bed and got dressed into my school uniform. It sucked that we had to wear uniforms but at least this year was the last year that I had to put on that stupid uniform. I fixed my hair and makeup and left the bathroom when I was done. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom and Lindsay sitting at the breakfast nook. My dad already left for work since he goes to his office early. He is a famous plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and my mother is a fashion designer. My mom and Lindsay turned around and saw me walking up to them. My mom got up and hugged me tightly. “Oh Alyssa sweetheart I’m so happy and proud of you. I can’t believe that it’s your senior year.” She admitted as she continued to hug me.