Chapter 9- Learning Secrets

Sky's POV

After everyone left, I needed time to think. Here's the thing. When something happens in my dream, it has or it will happen. So only I know that Carter is going to hurt Will and I. Wait a minute... I went to my desk and opened my friend notebook from 6th grade. I went to one page in my notebook. I got up and got the other letters. I compared them and I couldn't believe this.

                                                  It's not Drew writing the letters.

It's Carter. I got my phone and I called her.

She didn't answer so I just thought about it. Why would she want to hurt me? We were best friends once upon a time. Drew got between us because she liked Drew and he liked me. But why didn't I remember that? Why now? How do i forget something like that? I need to find out more. maybe I was in an accident? But who should I ask? Gran was probably at aerobics, mom was at work, Tristan was at a friends house. Hmm... Oh yeah! Dad's home! I look nothing like my dad but Tristan does. He has brunette hair, I have blond hair. I look like my mom.

I went downstairs to dad's office.

"Hey, dad, Can I ask you something?" I said as I sat down.

"Yeah Skylar?" He asked.

"When I was in 6th grade was I ever in an accident?" I said as I fumbled with my fingers.

"Um.... you should ask your mom. It would be better that way." He said with a sigh.

"Okay. Thanks."

I waited till mom came home and I asked her the same question. She told me to meet her in her room. When she got there, she closed the door .

"Skylar, please don't hate me. You know I love you right?" She said while hugging me.

"Yeah. I love you too." I said confusedly.

She took a deep breath and began.

"When you were 11, you and your father were in a car accident. Your father wasn't paying attention. and ran over a spike. He lost control of the car and the car plunged into a little ditch. Your father didn't survive-"

"But he's in his office right now. How is that possible?" I questioned.

"Skylar, let me finish. It was your real father. Dad- he's your stepfather. I remarried. Now before you ask anything I need to explain why you don't remember anything. You hit your head and was unconscious. You were in a coma for two months and when you woke up, you didn't remember your father. Tristan isn't really your brother either. He's your stepbrother. We decided it was best that you didn't know about you're father. I'm so sorry I kept this from you Skylar." Mom whispered as tears rolled down her face. I didn't know what to say or think.

Suddenly I was outraged.

"How could you do that to me?! I never knew my real father!  Are you really my mother?!" I screamed at her.

I ran out of her room and went into my room. I pulled on sneakers, a hoodie, and I grabbed my Ipod. I ran out the front door into the pouring rain. The pain of not having a father welled up in my chest. I only knew my stepfather. I ran from my house. I didn't know where I was going, and I didn't care. I let my feet take me wherever. In the distance I saw a park andin that park there was a tree. I ran to the tree and  sat under it. I sat against the tree and started sobbing. I tried to remember my real dad. Dad, Father, Daddy. I said those words in my head but I couldn't remember him. I tried for what seemed like hours. Finally, I faintly remembered something.