Mother Dearest

"Do they feel any better?" Sanji asked as he finished redressing Zoro's arm wounds in the clinic located on the second floor. They had managed to sneak their way there without any mishaps, only hearing the sound of distant shrieking which they assumed to be Usopp fighting for his life. Thankful for his distraction, they took their time in taking care of Zoro's arms. They were now cleaned and re-bandaged. Sanji had tried to get Zoro to take a pain killer as well but she refused, saying it would only make her sluggish.

"Hey, shouldn't we get out there?" Zoro asked as Sanji slipped his arms around her waist and was pulling her closer.

"Why?" Sanji whispered, leaning in towards her lips.

"Because Usopp is being chased and your brother is a psychopath."

"Okay, just a minute..." Sanji seized her lips.

Zoro slammed her heel down onto Sanji's foot, causing the man to yelp and curse, stumbling backwards.

"Not the time for that, dartbrows. Let's go kick some Vinsmoke ass then meet your mom." Zoro headed for the door.

"You broke my fucking foot!" Sanji snarled at her, still holding his foot.

"Oh stop exaggerating, come on lets go."

"I'm serious... it snapped...." Sanji said, pale. He leaned against the desk and cautiously slipped off his boot and took a look at his foot.

"...You're joking... right...?" Zoro leaned over to look at his foot. It was already turning red and swelling. "Well... would you look at that... huh... guess my legs are more powerful than I knew." Zoro nodded, impressed with herself.

"I'm going to kill you..." Sanji turned his murderous glare on the swordsman. She laughed awkwardly.

"H-hey... now... we're even right...I can't use my arms..."

"That wasn't me!"

"Ha.. ha... erm... well, sorry! I'll make it up to you!"

"How the hell are you going to make this up to me, you meathead!? You broke my fucking foot while my crazy brother is rampaging the castle trying to kill us!"

"To be fair, I think he only wants to kill you."

"I swear to god Zoro..."

"Eheh, right, umm... I'll bandage it for you..."

"And let you break the other one!? No, you stand over there in the corner and think about what you just did!"

"Y-yeah..."

============

Luffy sat down at the small table across from Sanji's mother, Sora. He looked around, impressed with the room with all the gold trimmings and fancy looking art on the walls. There were also two large windows that led out to a nice balcony, and they were open to let in the breeze. Luffy tossed the sword he was carrying, Law's sword, onto a nearby couch before drumming his fingers on the table and humming, waiting for the food to come out.

"So, Captain Luffy, I suppose you're here to talk with my son, Sanji?" Sora asked.

"I'm here to take him back with us." Luffy replied, grinning as he saw a maid walk in with a tray of tea and crackers.

"Oh, well that won't be necessary... Sanji is very happy here." Sora explained as Luffy started shoving food in his mouth.

"He is?"

"Of course, he's my son. I know him best." Sora smiled.

"What about his dream?"

"His dream?" Sora looked perplexed, "You mean about that swordsman? That was just a temporary fling, he can find another girl here." Luffy frowned, his cheeks full of crackers. He watched her a moment, then grabbed the last piece of cheese and crammed it in his mouth.